Season Tickets increase in price

Agree steel stadium is not even loud takes away from the foootball atmosphere

Alot of young people hang out near stripley

1 Like

That’s how you appeal to younger people. “Enforcing” people to sit in their seats …

1 Like

First post in ages!!
The upper West side is mostly reserved for Group corporate partners or group discounts. For example, if you are Laurier Alumni you can get a special promo code. Enter the code on Ticketmaster and Wala! 75% of the Upper West side seats magically become available again. I bought some for friends this year even though Ticketmaster shows them as unavailable to the public.
I don't thinks it's just Laurier, but many corporate/business partners share these seats with various group codes.
Also, for what it's worth, my season seats did not increase in price.

5 Likes

Does appealing to the STH who pay extra to sit in the lower bowl not matter? Having to battle through the upper and lower stands worth of people on one concourse gets tiresome.

2 Likes

If you’re sitting in the lower bowl what does the concourse behind you matter?

It’s the concourse i have to use to get from my seat to the concessions or washroom.

1 Like

I'll be getting season's tickets this year - had to non renew last year.
Went to 4 games 2022 (Montreal, Winnipeg, Sask and Ottawa) - the atmosphere was outstanding. Last game vs Ottawa sold out crowd; bands playing beer flowing, Cats win ...what more can I ask for?
....almost happy we're not going to Regina...it was -35 last GC in Regina - and we got our clocks cleaned!

Oddly the NFL games played in London seem to have young people glued to their seats.

It’s almost as if you can strike a compromise between attracting new fans and keeping existing fans happy.

And it might boil down to having a product that keeps both young and old eyes fixated on the same thing.

Edit: Toronto FC is all the proof you need

1 Like

The lack of interest from younger people might come from the fact that the last two years have been devoid of winning a lot at home games???

2 Likes

North American stadiums are built with more congregation areas to promote a social environment.

Ive been to about 20 MLB ballparks and many of them have this, and the Rogers centre is about to undergo a renovation that promotes just this.

I agree that the concourses at THF were not designed for this, the Stipley and other Stelco endzone were.

1 Like

Cats were 7-3 at home this season.

1 Like

And two of those three saw the Cats play outstanding football through the first half. While they ultimately lost after throwing up all over themselves in the second half, the games were edge of your seat affairs until the final whistle. Gut wrenching, but no lack of excitement.

Only the Labour Day game where we were down both QBs was a true stinker of a game from an excitement perspective. Again, separating excitement and interest from result.

2 Likes

My mother & I have to sit on the concourse because I am in a wheelchair We are constantly having people leaning on my wheelchair not even paying attention to the game. It takes the enjoyment out of the game for us. Security sees it but won't do anything about it.

4 Likes

The Cats won 10 home games out of 10 in 2019 . In 2021 they won 6 out of 8 home games in a 14 game season plus a home playoff game .
That’s 16 wins out of 18 games or 89% winning record .
In 2022 they won 6 out of 9 home games . So over the last 3 seasons , the Cats have won 22 out of 27 home games for an 81 % home field advantage .

I’d say the home town fans have been well served by our Cats in the last 3 seasons .

2 Likes

The problem with those loses(outside of Labor day this year) were that they were all games when we had double digit leads and wound up barfing up a loss somehow in the end .

2 Likes

It's nice that we have a winning record at home.
Too bad we can't win on the road.
In playoff games.

1 Like

A GM once said

We can’t win at home and we can’t win on the road and I can’t find anywhere else to play.

2 Likes

Ticats trade for Bo.

1 Like

A smart move by the Cats acquiring Bo Levi . Season ticket renewals will probably jump before Christmas with this news . :+1:

2 Likes