Season Tickets increase in price

Just wondering what people think of the cost increase of season tickets? They season ticket rep says the games are sold out seems so many empty seats.

1 Like

Papered stadium for sure.
I was expecting this being a Grey Cup year

Are you counting the people standing in the concourses ?

2 Likes

Yes. What are your thoughts pat? Do you think the games are sold out. Just can't imagine people buy gold and silver seats and just staying in the concourse. Seems like 6000 empty seats

1 Like

The tickets are paid for...Whether people actually show up is another story...

1 Like

Maybe welder find it hard to believe with that many empty seats

Our seats were on the concourse at the rail in section 115 . A lot of young people seemed to enjoy standing on the concourse in groups, talking and enjoying a beverage or two . My thought was that there are no bad seats at THF but if seats are empty , the ticket holder may be standing behind you . I don't believe the house is being papered .

5 Likes

After the season they had, they have the nerve to increase prices?

Prior to the turnaround in the last third of the season, thoughts of not renewing we're starting to creep into my head.

3 Likes

I agree steel still not sure if i will renew

1 Like

I would wait and see what this front office does in the off season to improve this team before I would commit a single dollar to seasons tickets next year...

I assume it'll be Young's final year of ownership and a home Grey Cup date , so , they might go all out to win it...

1 Like

Why do you assume that ?

2 Likes

Just a few things that have happened in the last couple years makes me think he'll be bowing out soon...

I hope you're wrong on your assumption . Young is the best owner in the league .

3 Likes

He might be the "best owner in the league"...

But the won/loss record of the team during his ownership reign is ...

137 wins and 182 losses...No Grey Cups after a "5 year plan" announcement.

He may have made the game day experience great for the fans, but, we are a decided loser for almost 20 years...

And, now a price increase for the devoted fanbase...

3 Likes

I am rarely in my seat. Concourse wandering.

1 Like

ETM Raw what section do you have season tickets

Not renewing? I can't even fathom that.

2 Likes

I wonder how the Calgary fans are feeling today ? Let's blow em up and start all over ?

3 Likes

Like you, I was skeptical about the "Sold Out" claim, even though it is very evident at the games that large groups of fans hang out in the Concourse areas or the end zones throughout the game.

Since you are an existing Season Ticket Holder (as we are), you probably have no reason to visit the Ticats' website to determine the availability of tickets to new Season Ticket subscribers. But I went through that exercise, & if a fan is looking to purchase 2 season tickets on the west side of the stadium, they are restricted to Section Nos. 107, 108 & 109. And there are only ~20 seats available in each of those sections (I did not check 109). I was surprised to learn that the rest of the West Side is completely Sold Out (both levels) with the exception of those 3 sections.

Of course this does not account for existing Season Ticket holders that will choose not to renew, because we are still in the "Renewal" window for STH's. But it appears that there was validity to the claim that games were sold out in 2022.

4 Likes

They need to start enforcing people in their seats, or encouraging it somehow, especially the upper levels that spend all game blocking up the west concourse.

The west concourse is as crowded and clogged up as IWS used to be. Also takes away from atmosphere as half the stadium isnt engaged in the game.

2 Likes