Hmmm!

1 Like

"I paint houses". The Irishman

1 Like

Oh that's good !

2 Likes

1 Like

Exactly what do you want from him?
Im sure he is busy trying to form a partnership with some unknown league somewhere

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue: :joy:

Let's hope it is the LFL...

2 Likes

Ya know you can just buy a magazine or rent a video

Turks & Caicos?

Last seen , Randy was busy giving his State of the League Address .

Yea and busy trying to reduce the number of players on rosters and adding a no-name, no-talent, house league calibre global player to the roster and forcing teams to reduce QBs to two.

Actually that was misunderstood and re-explained
It used to be that 3 was the minimum amount of QBs that a team could list, it is now 2 but teams can still have 3
qbs if they want too

3 Likes

Yes but they won't, that's my point. With the reduction in the number of starters plus the required Global, and the fact that the the 3rd QB now has to count as part of the roster, it has forced teams to drop a 3rd QB from the starting roster.
Up until this year the 3rd QB was allowed as a starter and not counted as part of the 46 man roster.

1 Like

You cant blame the comish for that!
They have the option to stay with 3, if they chose not too, that's on them
Nothing changes from last year if they stay with 3

As for the global they increased the roster but I would have preferred they increase national numbers

1 Like

Interesting to note that over half (5) of the teams in the league are currently showing 3 QB's on their active rosters . Edmonton , Calgary , Saskatchewan , Toronto and Ottawa all have 3 listed .

Now that's not to say that when they do the necessary shuffling to get down to a game time limit of 45 players active (44 dressed) that they will dress and carry that 3rd QB on the depth chart . My guess is perhaps it's more likely that the third guy becomes the game time scratch or he gets placed and hidden on the 1 game IL .

3 Likes

What would be the point of that?

Well I could be wrong on this put I think the new rules state that if you dress a 3rd QB then you have to dress one less player elsewhere on the roster .

Gameday roster will have a minimum of 20 Canadians and a maximum of 20 Americans , 2 QB's , 1 Global .

So in other words if a team chooses to dress a 3rd QB and he is American then it reduces the maximum Americans allowed on the gameday to 19 active

The same goes for the less likelier a team carrying a 3rd QB who is Canadian . Thus is why the rule states that a minimum (not maximum) of 20 Canadians have to be listed .

In actuality the gameday rosters for this year allow for 45 players with 1 gameday scratch of any nationality . So most gameday active rosters will consist of 44 players broken down as such 2 QB / 1 G / 21 C / 20 A .

2 Likes

Yes, so it is likely that teams will have 2 QBs on the active, the 3rd QB will be on the practice roster. That's tough for that 3rd QB because they have to pay him the practice roster salary. Last season with the 3 QBs on all active game day rosters, the 3rd QB would be on at least the league minimum

1 Like

Of course, its common sense and has always been like that but
To me the entire issue with 2 QBS, is if 2 get hurt in the game, and it has happened a few times.
If your 3rd QB is on the practice roster, or a healthy scratch or not dressed, he obviously can't come in if the first 2 are injured.

But my point is, if the team choses to do that, then its on them and not something to blame the comish

1 Like

It's going to be interesting to see what happens this week when teams release their starting rosters. Will any team have 3 QBs dressed? They usually release the game day rosters the day before.

Yes and as noted on the site under the roster posts, the third QB, if elected, also has to be listed at another position on the game day roster.

Edmonton has 4 QBs showing on its roster still now, so I am not sure what happens next.

I'm not sure any of Edmonton's play another position either, but it should be interesting what happens with the gameday roster in a few days.