Season finale vs Redblacks

Some new faces in line up.

Kemp OL, Godwin returns at wr, Schulz starts, manlo back up at fb, hill returns to rb, Sutherland starts cb, woods starts cb, Crawford starts DL

2 Likes

Hopefully we'll get to see some Feltmate and McDonald at MLB. Guys work hard on special teams, should get some reps.

1 Like

HAYES
My wishes have come true...I apparently am an easy guy to please

Starters resting (not dressed): T.White, C.Kelly, M.Johnson, M.Carney, J.Howsare, J.Santos-Knox, J.Rolle.

Starters dressed as backups: D.Evans, L.Durant, T.Laurent, C.Evans.

Entire starting D-line gets a break.

CFL misses out on a rare opportunity to see a same-name (Evans vs Evans) starting QB match-up.

3 Likes

So not only do we not rest our best punt returner, we also start him on defence?

I would hope they give him a break from returning if he’s starting at corner.

1 Like

4 play their first game, as Tiger-Cats, with 3 of them among the starting 24 and Hayes punting. Those changes will make watching this game, more interesting than it would have been, at least for me.
Th RedBlacks will only change their QB, RB and RT, compared to last week's starting line-up.

For their wrap-game, the Alouettes are making about the same number of line-up changes as the TiCats are this week.

1 Like

You would think OTT would also want to see some new players in action to help with decision-making on next year's roster. Unless the interim coach is more concerned about his won-lost record during his audition period, which would be completely understandable.

The RedBlacks' directive, for this game, may be coming from higher up the executive depth chart, considering they're on an 11 home game losing streak that started over 13 months ago.

1 Like

To be fair, Ottawa has had a lot of starters out the last few games. Guys like Kanneh, Levels, Acklin, Behar, Powell, Dedmon and a couple others. They’ve already been auditioning quite a few newer guys.

No injuries please.

1 Like

It looks to me as though this line-up indicates the last chance saloon for Caleb Evans. They have Tyrie Adams on the roster plus a couple of Practice Squad QBs, so if Evans is surrounded by a largely first-choice team, going up against Hamilton reserves...and he STILL can't produce?

One less QB salary to pay next season.

Things to watch for today, in addition to the play of TiCat newcomers and back-ups, in their first starts:

• Will Steven Dunbar get the 31 receiving yards he needs for 1000 on the season?
  • Who will be the Tiger-Cats' leading rusher, this season?
    Going into this season finale, Wes Hills is 16 yds. ahead of Sean Thomas Erlington.
  • Who'll be the team leader in interceptions, for the season?
    Richard Leonard, averaging 1 pick per game through the last 3, is one behind Kameron Kelly.
  • Also, Canadian Mason Bennett could join resting Americans Julian Howsare, Micah Johnson and Malik Carney in a 4-way tie, for the most QB sacks, by a TiCat, this year.
    He needs 2 today, something he already did in a game, this year, back in August @ Toronto.
  • Can Seth Small hold onto his impressive 90% grade on FG success?
  • A kickoff return TD, today, would tie Lawrence Woods with the league leaders, in that stat, Chandler Worth (MTL) and Mario Alford (SSK).
  • And, will today's game be a season low for my blood pressure readings? I think so.
10 Likes

Hoping Joseph gets some PT beyond special teams.

2 Likes