Sean Whyte - Seriously?

Although he had one blocked kick, Whyte's FGs and kicking were factors in our win over the Argos today. He put at least three punts on the opponents 5 yard line sucessfuly competing with Swaze Watters the Argos P/K star.

Not Whyte's fault that Higgins is an idiot at devising protection schemes for the punter. Whyte did a good job tonight, he made the field goals he was supposed to make and he was lights-out on the directional punting.

He was the difference maker in the first half. :thup: First time all year Waters was outperformed. :thup: :thup:

J'aime bien ce Sean Whyte là, mais j'aimerais quand même qu'il soit capable de mettre un peu plus d'air en-dessous de son ballon quand on en a vraiment besoin. il me semble que c'est tout ce qui lui manque pour ressembler à son mentor McCallum.

Well that’s the thing. On the weekend we were playing in a dome. That’s ideal conditions for placing kicks. In a windy november outdoor game power becomes much more important.

47 yard FG. Sean is on fire. :rockin:

One poor punt early, but otherwise doing very well.

I’ve wrote on here before. In the CFL is second only to the QB in his impact on team’s success. Very happy for Whyte, what he accomplished is not easy.

Je crois que cette dernière saison nous permettrait de conclure que la carrière de Whyte comme botteur de dégagement et pour les bottés d’envoi devrait être terminée.

Whyte a regagné son aplomb sur les bottés de placement, mais son manque de puissance sur les autres bottés a finalement encore coûté cher aux Alouettes. Il est temps que l’équipe envisage d’autres options si elle veut pouvoir progresser de ce côté.

I think Whyte is the least of this team's problems right now.

Whyte nous a coûté la partie la plus importante de la saison. Rien que ça. Si ses bottés de dégagement avaient une hauteur normale, ce ne serait pas un couvreur mais 5 qui se seraient rendus à Banks avant qu’il n’ai attrapé le ballon.

Whyte s’est amélioré dans la distance de ses bottés, mais pas dans le temps de suspension. Or, le temps de suspension est plus important lorsqu’il s’agit d’enterrer le retourneur adverse.

Les Alouettes ont de nombreux points à adresser, mais Whyte comme botteur autrement que sur les bottés de placement demeure un de ces points, un point important qui fait que l’équipe en paye encore le prix quand ça compte le plus.

I would have preferred he kicked out of bounds but he was told to put it between the ash and the sideline and he did that well. What I saw was a bunch of guys on coverage teams losing the one on one battles and being stopped in their tracks, missing tackles.

Oui, il y a de ça, mais si avant de se rendre à cet endroit, le ballon était resté 2 secondes de plus dans les airs, Banks n’aurait pas eu autant d’espace pour manoeuvrer.

Avec Whyte, les gars en couvertre sont condamnés à la perfection. Tôt ou tard, on finit par en payer le prix.

But 3 times ! The first time the Als were saved by a penalty. Right there and then, there Higgins should have made the decision that there was no way he was punting to the ONLY guy on that team who could beat them. Tasker and Grigsby were not going to beat the Als… Where the Als were far from the end zone, they could have pooshed kicked, they could have used Stala and ask him to kick on the run. There was a number of things they could do and did NOTHING…

That was a pathetic display of non-coaching. It's making me think twice about renewing.

I go to 3 games a year on average, this year 4 (one in Ottawa). I'm not giving them another penny till this gong show starts heading in the other direction.

I agree. I think coach Corny believed that Banks couldn’t keep getting away from his “crack” ST coverage that basically had every opportunity to stop him on every return and missed.

I encourage all that are considering not renewing/buying tickets to write a short letter to Mr. Whitehall c/o of the Als politely detailing why the Als will not be getting your money. It will carry twice or more the weight than just not buying tickets. They can "explain away" the lack of sales to multitude of reasons; make them face the exact reason.

That is an excellent idea! :thup:

It would likely be very difficult to find a buyer for this team. As others have noted they are presently not considered to be a decent franchise- many older players, the team will likely lose some of their stars to free agency, their QB is frequently noted as not being proficient enough, the fans deserted the team in the playoffs, OCHO is now saying he will be back with the team etc,etc.
The sole hope for this organization rests on Jim Popp’s ability to find new coaches and, at least a dozen new Canadian and American players. As I questioned- who would want to buy this team?