Sean Millington comments about DesJardins

Sean Millington's on air comments about the Tiger Cats and in particular the recruiting job by Desjardins. Seems he's the only outspoken panelist on any of the CFL broadcasts.

http://www.metronews.ca/column.aspx?id=61764

Yeah, it seems that the player that was the toughest when he played is still the toughest when he talks. Wish there were more like him.

There hasn't been enough time to gauge whether or not Marcel has brought in enough talent. So far I don't think he's done all that bad.

I think Nick Setta was one of the best pickups in the entire CFL. Zeke Moreno is going to be an ALL-STAR one day. But I'm not sold on Dwight Anderson. He seems to get beat badly quite often. Time will tell.

What I was more interested in that article was the Blue Teams quarterback situation. Damon Allen being ticked off about being demoted and Mike McMahon possibly wanting out of his contract is interesting. Where else would be go? NFLE is gone so there's no other REAL football around.

I agree with Millington about Desjardins. Bob Young made a mistake in bringing a college coach into an already bad situation but then turned around and did the same thing with an inexperienced GM. I think Hamilton will eventually be competetive if the young Canadian talent is as good as advertised and Timmy Chang can be the guy at QB. It will to Charlie Taaffe's credit if it happens. The first thing Bob's done right on the football side since taking over IMO.

inexperienced GM
Who would we get then? There are only 7 other teams, someone needs to be promoted at some point. I like Marcel, he's been with montreal forever. Our Canadian talent will be second to none in a year or two and he has made good first year additions.

Plus a great trade and ability to get Chang up here.

As an addendum, I don't even worry that Sean was right... I enjoy the fact that he's actually thinking about situations and giving his honest opinion. What a breath of fresh air.

For gawd's sakes... there's 29 new faces on the team. Did he really expect them to gel overnite??? Even the coach said that it would take 5 or six games into the season to see where we were really at. I though Millington knew a little about football... obviously not...

Millington is as much a tool as a panelist as he was on the football field. It's called time and it's obvious that Millington doesn't know enough about football and the time it takes to BUILD a championship team. Desjardins along with the entire staff and more importantly the fans of Hamilton will be rewarded in the long run. Millington has a few things to learn about being competent...especially in the vocabulary department.

"His work isn't very good. He's done a bad job. He hasn't brought in capable players." (pretty limited vocabulary)

Fortunately for all us true CFL fans, we will not have to endure his "limited assessments" after this year. Good riddance Sean!

Sorry, but just can’t agree with you on this one. Look at Saskatchewan. New coach, a ton of new players (a lot from Hamilton, I might add), and they are 2-0 to start.
It doesn’t take as long as you think to be respectable. And the CATS are FAR from that, being blown out 2 games in a row.
Had they been close, I would have soccummed, but not blowouts - sorry.
I rest my case…

The Eagle - :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Once the QB situation gets resolved (after this week), the team will start to move forward. Let's not forget injuries either (Hudson, Cheron). Our OL is struggling especially at the RG position. McKay is in rough shape as well on the DLINE.

there is some substance in millington's opinions. until we gel with the players we brought in we are in the line of fire for criticism.
i personally did not like the flick/smith.butler deal from the start. so my verdict isstill out, we'll see in the coming weeks if this team he assembled shows any progress.

Danny Mac made a good point last night that the first 2 regular season games are like exhibition games - still assessing talent, etc... and that by the 3rd game you get a feel for what the team is going to be like.... here's hoping that we start to come together in our game 3 tomorrow night... Go Cats Go

Losing is one thing...inability to even get a sniff of the endzone is another. Nobody expected this team to be 2-0...but, when you look as bad as they have, you have to expect the media to question the roster/ coaching/ management . If they don't, they aren't doing their jobs.

Sean Millington's on air comments I don't agree with I think Marcel has done Fair Job.

Again Rome was not Built in day.
Millington just don't get it where are Rebuilding

Sean Millington just said out loud what a lot of people who know football are thinking.
What he said was 1) Marcel didn't bring much good (import)talent into camp and 2) he's made some bad moves (like cuts and trades).
I am not one of those that thought last years team was devoid of talent...and didn't buy that line of some players not trying. Charlie Taaffe would straighten out that so called problem.
What the team needed IMO was some good impact import players at the skill positions not a wholesale change. Then move the young Canadian kids into the lineup when they were ready.
The only upgrade I can see was the kicker Setta and the MLB Moreno. Chang may turn out to be a number 1 QB but until he does he's in the (a lot of potential) class.
But when you give away or cut proven veterans without replacing them I'd call that, like Sean Millington did, "bad moves". I'd also call it guaranting another last place finish.

is "whoknows" reading right now? i hope so.you seem to be in a little bit of a quandary right now in trying to find someone to take the gm's role should
marcel be let go. i really don't think he's in the line of fire right now, i think it is still on the players until about the 6 or 7 game mark. this is really still an extended training camp and you really only find out what type of team you have starting week 3-right now.however, should the fellas not show any signs of improvement in the next 3 or 4 weeks
(games vs.mtl,@b.c, @wpg,vs edm,in a row)then you start to look at the guy who was adamant that he would put his stamp on this team by changing 29 faces.
as for who could be available? greg mohns, mike mccarthy. they couldn't do any worse, in fact mccarthy
knows everybody and has countless resources.

CITY LEGEND

All this is just a blame game they are finding some one else to blame for hamilton problem i think he doing a good job was it his falt at the beginning of last year to "oh yea he wasn't here"

[quote="DoubleBlue"]Sean Millington just said out loud what a lot of people who know football are thinking.
What he said was 1) Marcel didnWe wouldn't be any better off with the "proven veterans". Remember last season....and before.

cuckoobird06 Post subject: Posted: Jul 13, 2007 - 07:02 AM

Millington is as much a tool as a panelist as he was on the football field. It's called time and it's obvious that Millington doesn't know enough about football and the time it takes to BUILD a championship team. Desjardins along with the entire staff and more importantly the fans of Hamilton will be rewarded in the long run. Millington has a few things to learn about being competent...especially in the vocabulary department.

With no real business or management experience - take anything he says with a grain of salt. He is paid to give his opinion, even if it isn't from a point of strength. At least Tillman spoke from a perspective of understanding how to recruit and evaluate talent.

wasnt eric tillman available at the time??