Sean Millington coming out of retirement?

From the TSN Site:

A report out of the Vancouver Province says that Sean Millington, could be exploring a return to the CFL, following a two-year retirement.

Millington, 37, has been a commentator with CBC the last two seasons and played fullback with the B.C. Lions for 10 of his 12 CFL seasons, and seems to have the itch to return.

"Something spoke to me," Millington told the paper. "And by January I started to train hard and look at whether I could still play and work at the CBC. I honestly thought I could pull it off."

The winner of the CFL's Most Outstanding Canadian award in 1997, Millington had hoped to re-join the Lions, but coach and GM Wally Buono decided against tinkering with the chemistry of the league's only unbeaten squad.

"Part of our job is to turn rocks over," Buono told the paper. "But when I spent some time thinking about it and how a decision like that affects the dynamics of the team, I didn't feel at ease."

As a result, Millington will apparently look for other opportunities around the CFL.

"I appreciate the consideration from coach Buono and now I look around and see what are the other options."

What do you guys think?

Nice guy, shouldn't come out of retirement. Too old, injury prone. Would really only help in the locker room. Glad Wally's not getting him back here in BC, I think the Lions are just fine the way they are.

Lets see only perfect record in the league???I think the Lions are just fine as they are. Millington would probably be a nice addition to a team lacking a decent FB but what team would he do best for? Winnipeg perhaps as a lead blocker for Roberts?? Or what about Montreal???Going ahead of Edwards.

Wally Buono made the right call on not inviting Millington back to the Lions. I am surprised he had to wait so long and mull it over. The answer should have been no right at the start.

There is no need now and little upside if he came back at this stage of the season. The downside possibilities are significant. I don't want to sound ungrateful as a fan for what Sean Millington contributed to the Lions but the team doesn't need change right now.

What shocks me is that The Province's Lowell Ulrich wasted 2/3 of a page today on that story plus picture when he could have done better focusing on the 40 plus guys who are still with the team and who are at 8 and 0.

There so many potential story lines with this team, why did Ulrich pick this one that could only have started from the mouth of Millington himself who according to the story is hearing voices! Jeez is this guy on crack?

Buck Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....

Agreed Football16. Thought the coverage of the game from Friday was bad, and they didn't need such a big article on Milly.

hey hamilton needs all the help they can get :wink: there you go Sean :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, broadcasting isnt his calling, so why not give it another shot, your never too old for the cfl.

whatever gets him off that broadcasting team, is fine with me, unless the Riders grab him, which i also don't want. but that seems highly unlikely. If Pringle can't do it anymore, I highly doubt Millington could