Screw The Bills!!!!!!!!

Don’t know who are the bigger idiots when it comes to marketing and selling the game of football in toronto. Is it Rogers or Braley/rudge??? I think they are pretty much even but i still would give Braley/rudge the nod of being the bigger idiots. Getting a crowd of 15,000 toronto fans for a edf game has to be a bigger disappointment then what the bills managed to do.

I wonder if Rogers is going to take down the Bills flags from skydump and stop selling bills merchandise.

I am so happy that this turned into the massive embarrassment for Rogers after they have been disrespecting the Argos at skydump for years.

Will be even more fun once the Argos are restored to their proper place. :cowboy:

The Rowing Club ? Stroke ! Stroke ! :lol:

Remember, the Argos still suck in the truest sense of wanting to beat them every game. :wink:

Who said that Rogers were smart. Oh well there goes another 78 million down the drain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was one of the best things to ever happen for the CFL... Once again ROGERS has egg on their faces and a hole in their pocket [more than $78 million] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder how “Milken” and a few others are going to spin this one :wink:

The thing is they won’t quit. The next song and dance, which we have heard before, will be “Toronto won’t support a team from another city, but if they have their own team they will support it”.

No one said that the people at Rogers were smart. There were 4 pre-season games in Toronto in the early 1990’s / late 1980’s.

1. CLEVELAND Vs. NEW ENGLAND… bombed…

2. So the NFL decided that they would get a better crowd if the BILLS played… at 30 Canadian a ticket for every seat [the Canadian was only worth 62 cents American]. Bills season ticket holders got tickets as part of their package,
    This game was the closest to selling out.

3. There were 2 more BILLS in Toronto games that didn’t even come close to selling out.

So , these BILLS series are not new…
Some at ROGERS didn’t do there home work and / or just believed the Toronto sports media myth that the NFL was more popular than the CFL was in Ontario . :roll:

ROGERS lost millions and now look like total fools , again. :lol:

I wonder just how the NFL in Toronto want-to-bees are going to spin this news???

I really think that the NFL LOOKS at a cities’ support in general for all sports , sports T.V. ratings
and how 2 NFL teams would do so close together.

Toronto , comes no where near to NEW YORK and L.A. in money and / or population.
If ROGERS just want to keep making fools of themselves , then let them. It just pushes the NFL further and further away.
I can just see the NFL brass joking about Toronto and mayor Rob Ford… :lol:

Don’t recall ever the bills selling all tickets to there preseason game in 90’s for $30! Bills had crowd over 55,000 in first visit then another crowd of over 53,000 on second visit. Pretty good crowds for lousy pre season games.

YUP , they did. I was offered tickets. Those where the announced crowds.
I remember it well.

Even the GLOBE announced a sell out a day before the tickets went on sale to the public. How is that possible?
There have been many articles debunking the [papered] attendances.

If you are right then why did this latest effort bomb so badly???
You can't spin the truth.

First off I don’t want the nfl in toronto! I don’t want to see any nfl games played here in toronto or anywhere in Canada for that matter as long as the cfl is around. But you have to realize and have some common sense to know that if nfl did come here and done right it would sell out every game. Reason “bills in toronto” did not work out was for many reasons.

1. Rogers working and promoting event
  2. Buffalo playing in toronto no one cares for buffalo in toronto
  3. Over priced tickets at beginning turned fans off
  4. Lousy teams playing in game
  5. No nfl tailgate type party
  6. Non nfl type stadium
    Etc…

Maybe there will be more focus on the Argos now and bringing them back into prominence.
BTW not getting all the hate on the NFL. They helped bail out the CFL in the late 1990s and the leagues enjoy a good relationship and respect for each other.

You guys only have it half right. The Bills suck on both sides of the border.

Don’t feel too bad, as we have generally (expletive) cable companies down here too like Comcast, Charter, Brighthouse, and Cox who extort far more and also waste much of it.

And millions like me continue to cut the cord each year but do buy their high-speed internet from the cable company.

Actually I did not even cut the cord - the cable company did after several years of free TV.

All you need now in the US is a SmartTV that can connect via secure WiFi or an HDMI cable for some sporting events for whatever is not on over-the-air TV.

Why didn’t it work in the 1990’s when the BROWNS Vs. NEW ENGLAND played in Toronto?
The BILLS also played here in the early 1990’s and they were on their Superbowl losing streak?
Those games also lost money , as well. Why do you think the NFL put the BILLS in these game and not DALLAS or some other NFL team at $30 per ticket?

I am using common sense. ROGERS were not. They didn’t look at the failed NFL in Toronto history [and Vancouver] of the past.

ROGERS paid over $78 million to promote the BILLS for the BUFFALO market only. They have nothing to show for it :lol:
Nothing except loses!
RALPH WILSON , is laughing at ROGERS all the way to his bank. Canadians look like total fools screwing over their own institutions to get an American one. Do you people think that the NFL respects that…? lol…
ROGERS , basically killed any small hope of an NFL team coming to Toronto.
Sell outs to the NFL are like the 100 , 000+ people who regularly see NFL games in LONDON , MEXICO and the 60,000+ fans in , TOKYO.

In Ontario [Hamilton & Toronto] and in Montreal , ALL N.A. PRO football isn’t as big as it once was.
The NFL isn’t even as big as it once was.

WHO [put up your hand] is going to pay a $30,000 licencing fee for NFL season tickets in , Toronto???
That will also scare people if you are talking about high prices.
The NFL are not The LEAFS.

The CFL has better T.V. ratings in Canada than the NFL does and better sales of tickets in , Canada.

Let's not forget the Shanghai NFL games, which were cancelled by the NFL reportedly so they could "concentrate on the London game". The actual reason was due to slow ticket sales in China, but the media was instructed not to talk about this. So at least Toronto has something in common with Shanghai (one of the most populous cities on earth)...they hate the NFL! :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of NFL foibles, could you imagine if 10,000 fans showed up at the Grey Cup game with tickets, only to find their seats hadn't been installed yet? (The Canadian media would have a field day) but this actually happened at the recent Super Bowl in Dallas. The NFL forbade the media from talking about it, but the NFL had to provide free tickets to the next Super Bowl for those 10,000 fans, plus transportation and accommodation at the game. This cost the NFL multi-millions in lost revenue and expenses. Could you imagine if they had a 12-minute power outage at the Grey Cup ("only in the CFL" :roll: ), yet this happened at a recent Super Bowl too. Did you know that the U.S. TV networks lose nearly half a billion dollars a year on the NFL and Super Bowl? You won't read about it but this is also true. So the NFL isn't always so rosy and wonderful as it's made out to be. :expressionless:

Not only taking a bath for the $78M US, but reports have it that Rogers likely lost a further $30M per game.
Good on them.
I have been saying for years how people should boycott anything Rogers.
I know that for me it works as I have been practicing what I preach, save and except the crap dome as I carry Argo season tickets.
Anyone else out there?