Scott Mitchell

What's up with this :?

why not, sounds very accomplished

I guess Mitchell is Young's right hand man...a guy who will make sure the business and football people are all working hard.

Every great team has a great president, and Mitchell's pedigree looks pretty good.

Appears to have a good mix of business and football. Something Katz did not posess.

New equipment manager, head coach and president, might be a good time to have an owner's update or maybe Bob will wait until all of the coaching staff is in place.

The CFL is coming into a year with a hard salary cap (evolution) which will cause certain teams (our own not included) some grief in retaining people on their present contracts.

Bob Young can rotate his "CEO's" as he sees makes the best "fit" for his various enterprises, and if he sees Mr Mitchell as being the best one for this phase of TC redevelopment, I don't know that many of us can argue with him....BY has distinguished himself in making these sort of "calls" before!

That Lancaster is apparently being moved over to the "business" side" as opposed "operational" budget is just "canny" by BY or others...Ron carries a hefty price tag that is affected by the "cap", I expect, but retaining him in the unrestrained administrative role frees up a good deal of salary space, while likewise retaining his knowledge, contacts, efforts and attentions, while hopefully preserving his health...

Like just about everyone else, I "flinched" when Tim Cheatwood and James Cotton were sort of "ruthlessly" cut in the past weeks. But when you think about it, this gives Coach Taffe maximized flexibility in his budget for the 2007 year.

I don't doubt that other CFL teams will be following and "losing" high paid high end players to the cap in the coming weeks and months, and we may be in the best position to offer them contracts with this cost saving.

If that seems "hard hearted" for James Cotton and Tim Cheatwood, I really am sorry. I really like how both of them play, but both know and understand that "its a business" first and last, and they are both welcome to be back at a lower contract with this lower salary cap, and the need to spend some cash on the Offensive side, that the fans who insert the money to the System have a reason to go to the Park and fund all that revenue...

Interesting trivia question

Which Tiger Cat player played against Scott Mitchell when he ( Scott) was with U of T ?

Lifer...that was one of the most confusing posts ever. Whats with all the quotations?

Plus...

That Lancaster is apparently being moved over to the "business" side" as opposed "operational" budget is just "canny" by BY or others...Ron carries a hefty price tag that is affected by the "cap", I expect, but retaining him in the unrestrained administrative role frees up a good deal of salary space, while likewise retaining his knowledge, contacts, efforts and attentions, while hopefully preserving his health...
Only players count against the cap not administration staff.

I don't think many teams will be spending very much less on salaries this year. Most have admitted they were around 4.5 million give or take a few hundred thousand.
So the loop hole this year was to front load players they really wanted with bonus money that doesn't count against this years 4,050,000.
Next year with the new TV contract the Cap will go up to 4,500,000 if the players are to get their 56% of the new revenues.
So IMO GM's are justing using the salary cap excuse to dump or downgrade some salaries of players who weren't performing up to expectation. All the teams will still be in the ballpark, salary wise, of what they were spending...and if they didn't use the loop hole to do so they have nobody to blame but themselves.
As for Scott Mitchell, he should have picked up some football smarts along the way from his father...and I'm sure he will be able to pick up the phone for advice once in a while...now that he's at the age where young men suddenly think their fathers are smarter.

And the answer is....?

Through rough deduction…

Mike Morreale?

Oh its that Scott Mitchell. Are you sure its not the south paw QB that played for the Dolphins, then signed a huge deal to play for the Detroit Lions. Um yeah I'm pretty sure its that Scott Mitchell!

It'll be funny when Mitchell cut's Morreale's dumb ass!

Mitchell doesn't cut players, Desjardins does.