Scott Mitchell will be on the FAN 590

Just turned on Sportsnet and Prime Time Sports and Bob McCown says Scott mitchell will be on the show (TV version) within the hour.

Stay Tuned...

great thanks!

FYI
President Scott Mitchell will be on AM 900 CHML at 5:20 p.m. and the FAN 590 at 5:40 p.m.

Im still not sold while listening to Scott Mitchell.

CHML had somebody on today saying that Taaffe WAS spotted there, and was interviewing for the job, and that he was about to be named.

(An interview that has since vanished from the website)

Is Scott saying that Taaffe WAS NOT there? Now it's a phone call?

I don't buy this at all.

I'm with you Crash. After listening to Scott on the fan I'm even less convinced. I think that it may all be true and they are all just postering now.

8) Mitchell didn't sound too happy or friendly on the CHML interview !!!!

Didn't he say that he wanted to know where things stood (hence the phone call tonight)?

All Charlie has stated publicly is this:

“I was contacted by Bill Stewart (head coach of West Virginia University [WVU]), a long-time friend of mine for over 30 years and he asked to talk with me about the possibility of joining his staff,? said Tiger-Cats head coach Charlie Taaffe. “The reports that have come out indicating that I have joined the WVU staff are completely inaccurate and I have not signed a contract to become part of their team.?

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=22431]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=n ... &nid=22431[/url]

The line that should be there immediately following should read, roughly: I fully intend to honour my commitment to the Tiger-Cats and to their fans to complete the task of bringing a winning team to Hamilton.

Charlie, you missed your chance.

Or am I wrong in thinking he's going to Morgantown??

Oski Wee Wee,

Taaffe, Ritchie, Marshall (the other one) or Sheila Copps, I really don't care. Just solidify the issue and start the preparations for making the play-offs in 2008.

I think based on the statements from Taaffe, Mitchell and based on Mitchell's radio interviews that Charlie is gone, one way or another.

I think the italics and bold can be deeply read into. Those are very political non denial denials.

Well, the bigger bold is from ME, not HIM. Okay? Just in case others think Charlie actually stated such. LOL

That is what he had the chance to state to completely squelch the speculation. He didn't and it looks more and more like he's leaving to me.

Oski Wee Wee,

my bad i bolded and italicized your taaffe quote…

“The reports that have come out indicating that I have joined the WVU staff are completely inaccurate and [b]I have not signed a contract[/b] to become part of their team.?[/i] Or am I wrong in thinking he's going to Morgantown??

Oski Wee Wee,

[/quote]
This was a very politically correct statement. The reporst are inaccurate because he hadn't signed a contract when he was asked. He never said he wasn't going to.

Is he gone? "It depends on what the meaning of is is."

Since Charlie hasn't said that he fully intends
to honour his commitment to the Tiger-Cats

and to their fans to complete the task
of bringing a winning team to Hamilton,

When Scott Mitchell and Charlie
meet face-to-face or talk tonight
as I think heard was planned

I am sure he will tell him to
cut out the evasive language

because he fully intends to force him
to honour his commitment to the Ticats.

It's called a contract.

Now if Marcel was still G.M.

this might be what he would say.

Just slip out the back, jack

Make a new plan, stan

You dont need to be coy, roy

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, gus

You dont need to discuss much

Just drop off the key, lee

And get yourself free

Would you say that Charlies contract is viable only in the CFL?

He most likely thunk as much yesterday...

hmmmm....Is it?

"I never had contractual relations with that woman ... I mean that university."