Scott Milanovich

I vote Senior Ah Me. Time to take it from the forum to the field. :stuck_out_tongue:

Senior as offensive coordinator? Isn't that something for which he is over-qualified?

lol. I’m sure Adrian would have No complaints. AC on the other hand… :wink:

That’s a good idea. It will give Trestman the opportunity to ignore him in person

Coming off vacation to point out:

When the news broke that Kerry Watkins was pissed at the way he’s been treated
(I think that was the occasion)
I mentioned that we’d be hearing more about Trestman and the tensions on the team
I was shouted down…as usual

Now the cracks are starting to show
And everyone is de-camping
And as a reward for my prescience
I get this amateurish disrespect?

Grow up guys
Time to care more about your team falling apart
Than your adolescent, petty gripings

Truth be told…I wouldn’t work for Trestman either
Believe it or not…I have trouble with domineering power-maniacs
Although gaggles of clucking hens are just fine by me

That's a good idea. It will give Trestman the opportunity to ignore him in person
If he'd been listening all along the team'd be in much better shape As we've seen this season...ignoring me has dire consequences Such is my burden :cowboy:

Thought he was in line for Popp’s job?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We tease because we love. right? :wink:

LOOKIT ME, LOOKIT ME, I"M ALWAYS RIGHT !

Oh get over yourself Senior and stop taking everything (and particularly yourself) so darn seriously. . .

Too bad that some people can’t recognize when we’re teasing, sort of takes the fun out of it, doesn’t it 234 ?

Nah, I got my fun. Helps relieve the tension of what has been for me a really tough season. I’d like a nice fun season for 2012. Enjoy the football, enjoy the stadium, enjoy the players. No pressure for a change.

Keep talking
Maybe you’ll scare Popp into actually doing his job this off-season

Course it must be frustrating finding GREAT talent and seeing it ride the bench
Get ignored, dissed and leave the team
Not to mention how hard it is recruiting players
Once the Alouettes get the reputation for benching talent
Because it doesn’t fit our archaic offensive philosophy
And the ever-increasing petulance of Old Father Time

Something I would change BTW
In either capacity

:cowboy:

In the meantime you DID renew your season tickets for 2012 right? It’s all a lowly fan like myself can do and it’s done. :slight_smile:

Keep talking Maybe you'll scare Popp into actually doing his job this off-season

Course it must be frustrating finding GREAT talent and seeing it ride the bench
Get ignored, dissed and leave the team
Not to mention how hard it is recruiting players
Once the Alouettes get the reputation for benching talent
Because it doesn’t fit our archaic offensive philosophy
And the ever-increasing petulance of Old Father Time

Something I would change BTW
In either capacity

Any chance Senior that you may have more vacation coming?!

In 2012 I look forward to Ben Cahoon's number finally being retired. Too bad august 6 (8-6) falls on a monday. And celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the 2002 grey cup which was no small feat.

You sure? All the Buster Bluth-style massage hellos, the creepy downward glances at what’s in the ‘play package,’ and Senior accidentally stumbling into the locker room after McPherson has showered one too many times … Adrian might want to file a harassment complaint against his own OC. :smiley:

Talking about being benched, do any of you older guys remember attending a game at Molson Std. and hearing " not playing today is Marty Martenello" and Joe Kovaks". I think these guys road the bench for years. It was a dis-service to them as it is a dis-service today to have players year after year riding the bench. Better to let them play and develop or, look for better replacements. Using Desriveaux as an example, he has held a receiver position with the team since 2007 but his playing time was very rare. The team has passed several better receivers in the Draft. His record shown him having two receptions this past year for a grand total of 5 yards. His contribution to special teams has been 0. Why keep this guy around?

I wonder how many others are going to "jump ship" after this disappointing season; it's not uncommon. Even if there are disagreements/some tension between players/coaching staff, it always seems easier to take when you're winning. But, have a few "losing" seasons or even just one (in our case, we have gotten used to finishing on top every season), and the daggers come out.

Depending on how many others leave town, next season may be a HUGE rebuilding process. I sincerely hope we sign most of our players. IMO, it wasn't that we didn't have the players to do the job, but it was poor execution, a lack of focus, and perhaps the rest of the league just simply caught up as they have had many seasons to see the O shcemes we used. The loss of key players on D also contributed to our disappointing season. Jim Popp really has to earn his salary now. I have trust in him, however. He has been the largest part of the Als' success story. If Anthony returns, I think he should have a few starts, but that the O should no longer be based on his talents/ability (or lack thereof in certain areas). The torch must clearly be passed.

One final point. We have all been impressed with AD's ability and talent. However, we have yet to see him in action on a regular basis. The QB position in football is the key position. I hope that fans understand that this is a huge learning curve for any starting QB in any league. There are bound to be glitchers (i.e. losses) along the way. I also hope that Anthony discovers talent to coach AD and maybe even move into the QB coach position.

Yes I am Definitely relieved that Marcus is staying. The world is safe now. :wink:

Yes we are relieved Senior will not be OC for another year.

This had to be the best post by d&p over the last 2 years so I figure I’d dredge it up to celebrate Tony Proudfoot’s passing now 2 years today. Didn’t know there was a Jim Proudfoot who was a reporter for the Toronto Star and a member of the CFHOF.

Scott Milanovich took everything he learned in 5 years with the alouettes and helped the argos in ending their sucky ways.

You’re very welcome Toronto. Guess you need Montreal to help you feel better about yourselves. We can’t help you with your other teams though. :stuck_out_tongue: