Score on Tiger Vision

I really liked that the scoreboard was full wide screen lastnight and that the score and down info was along the bottom of the screen.

I Vote No. Impossible to read from the other end.

impressed, looks sharp

The wide screen might look nice but it's basically the same picture you would have seen last year but stretched out to make everyone look fatter. You're not really seeing a bigger picture.
I think they should go back to having the scoreboard on the side like before. I doubt the people sitting in the east end of the stadium can see the font of last night's scoreboard very well.

I Votes with yes. But it needs work
Make the Bottom Scores Bigger and Stats

Also make People look Normal

In my opinion, the new format of the TigerVision videoboard seemed fine except for two things:

1. Yellow lettering and numbers on a white background are too difficult to read. Perhaps the videoboard operator could experiment by adding a black outline around each yellow letter and number.

2. One other minor observation is that the order of the down and yardage information at the bottom of the videoboard could also be a little more "football fan friendly". For example, a football announcer will usually say "It's second and five from the Hamilton forty-one yardline". Instead, the videoboard showed the yardline first, then the number of yards to go, then the down.

I like it. Keep in mind this is the 1'st time they have used it so they too have some kinks to work out of it I expect it will be better by the Home Opener on the 24th

I vote "No"

As I opined in the other scoreboard thread, I didn't mind the info along the bottom but I also noticed the "funny" downs at times... 4th, 5th ,6th, 7th down? I thought with NFLer R Williams playing for the Argos we were now combining CFL and NFL downs... 3 + 4 =7 !!!

I also didn't like the video image distortion. Like trying to force fit a standard 4:3 video format into a wide 16:9 (even wider?) screen format. If you're going to go/show wide screen, create/edit wide screen... don't force standard wide because IMO, it looks terrible.

But poor Jason, his appearance on screen with the widened, distorted image made his ears look even BIGGER .

(IMO, It also lessened/ruined the tribute to Travis Claridge. Why was the sound so bad/distorted ? (at least it was from my seat in Box C.))

YOU CAN NOT GO WITH BIGGER SCORES AT THE BOTTOM!!!

The ONLY way to view stats and have a reasonable (but not perfect) image on the video board is to have the scores at the side. There is no other way to do it properly.
Do you realize that if the numbers were bigger that the images will be very short and very fat?
Please think about it before posting.
My vote is go back to it at the side and find fonts/graphics that work well from far away.

I always like wide angles,especially in photography,while that is not the question,yes I like it and I could read the score from Section 23,but found it distracting from the main entertainment on Tigervision.

Do you understand that the image was terribly distorted last night?
If the screen was a 4:3 ratio and you used a 16:9 image above the score , then that would be fine but the Tigertron is a 2.35:1 screen and with the score at the bottom , the screen now become a 2.40:1 ratio and with only 4:3 cameras , everything looks like ****!!!!!
I know most of this is mumbo jumbo to most of you , but it's waste of a million bucks to do it like last night.

PLEASE trust me on this.

i voted yes but hopefully a few things will be fixed for the next game

1. how come sometimes the scoreboard said it was 6 th down/7th down
  2. the game was in the 3rd quarter and the scoreboard said it was the 2nd quarter
  3. the mac cheerleaders legs looked they were 2 feet wide

AAARRRGGG!!!!!

You vote yes and then say why does everyone look wide?

Did you even read my post?????

YES I READ YOUR POST BUT WE PLAY 3 DOWN FOOTBALL NOT 6 OR 7 DOWN FOOTBALL AND WITH 10 MINUTES LEFT IN THE 3 RD QUARTER THE BOARD SHOULD READ THE 3RD QTR NOT 2ND QTR

Voted NO

I hate the distorted wide picture. It looks so Mickey Mouse for such a cutting edge piece of technology. Get the picture right, please!

The Travis Claridge tribute was shameful because of the distortion. It was ruined and I would like to see it played properly because it looked like a really nicely produced piece.

Yellow numbers are too hard to read at the other end of the stadium where I have my seats.

1tccat.
your complaint is not the issue.That's easy to fix.
The issue is whether the scores should be at the bottom?
No , it makes the image even worse than it already was.
Your #1 problem , easy fix.
your #2 problem is the same as your #1.

you vote yes yet complain about fat legs.
THAT doesn't make any sense.

I voted Yes. I liked the concept of having the score/details on the bottom and for the most part I only viewed the screen when there was a play I wanted to review.

It was ok... I was in the endzone too... I had no problems...