Scianitti - On Collaros / Front Office / Manziel

His contract, at least for now. However, it should be noted Luke has spoken publicly about enjoying playing under Coach Jones and he, alone, stepped up in the dressing room and presented the game ball after the team’s first win in 9 tries to his new head coach. Also, this is the closest CFL location to his N.Y. state home.

Well he is not going to the NFL and the Cats pay him well. Why leave and where else would he go?

Gee, I dunno, Toronto, ? one or two Ti Cats over the years have chosen them as an Ontario alternative

I still insist Austin is not thinking clear or has such bad people skills that I’m worried if he is running this team…his new man crush on Manziel and the I am in really close contact with his agent talk in public is a bit disturbing…going out of his way to not to piss the Manziel camp off at all costs through the last month. Now the league is involved…bizarre. Something still worries me over this whole Manziel scenario. I don’t have a good feeling.

When I can't sleep at night i think geez at least i am not Collaros. As I'd be so pissed and frustrated with all the johnny manziel talk and the baylor coach coming in and june jones coming in starting masoli
not to mention having a 500 + k contract that is not guaranteed and it's now unlikely he will ever come close to a contract like that again.

It's possible the cats cut him thus losing 540 k and he signs next year as a backup somewhere having to prove himself again...it would seem unlikely any other cfl team would trade for him at that salary.

This is one thing I don't like about the CFL ..the contracts are not guaranteed. I wonder what manziel is going to think about our hamilton night life or lack of it and our lesser canadian dollar and higher tax rates
if he signs for the minimum it will almost be like playing for free :slight_smile:

I hope not, it will be freakin’ Calvillo all over again…

Ticat fans can hopefully get over the fear of their good players leaving. First of all i think it is paranoia thinking Tasker wants to leave to the Arblows but if he does oh well. Next man up. All the recent players that have left for the Arblows haven’t done too well IMO. It is the CFL, it is a small salary cap. Good players do leave that you want to keep and players settle in communities that they prefer to play in. I have never heard anything about Tasker not being happy in The Hammer. Hopefully this is the case.

I remember a short while ago listening to a former baseball player, now commentator, talking about the possibility of Blue Jay closer, Asuna,being traded, and there were other names being passed around at the time.

His response was basically that this was guess work on the reporter’s part. That the teams involved are usually mum during this process, because they are usually talking to more than one team, That they don’t make public what they are saying privately, out of respect for the players and the other franchises they are negotiating with.

When Alex Anthopoulos was in charge ofpersonnel in Toronto, you never heard a peep from him about trades and free agent signings, until AFTER they occurred. He became infamous for this.

I never trust what is being SAID.

Only what is DONE.

I didn’t know that. So if you are not a starter you only get a percentage of your contract salary, like a 2-way in the NHL/AHL (15% on average), or do you mean if they cut you they don’t have to pay out your salary? If so, WTF! If that is the case then the CFLPA needs to consult the NHLPA where there is a set ‘buy out’ amount.

Would love to see what Golson can do he has a cannon of an arm and very mobile watch many of his games as I follow ND. I would say his one weakness would be turnovers at the wrong time by trying to force something that's not there which with experience and getting better at reading the Defense can be corrected. I could see him starting one day in the CFL