Schoen on Bombers loss: 'It’s just a kick in the stomach'

HA! HA! HA! Oh Jonny ! I simply tell it like it is, no wishful thinking from me! Just remember I gave you the heads up for next few years to come. So you will not be as dissappointed as you were about your fantasy team on Nov 20, 2022.
But hey! You were not alone believing that the Bombers were going to 3 repeat. Many Bomber fans thought the same as you. Heck even the Bombers were living in that dream. But now reality has spoken.
Have a good off season. It's only 6 months away

It wasn’t just me. The majority of the country and all of the oddsmakers all year had the Bombers to three peat. My opinion isn’t the outlier here. You were wrong about them this year as well so I’m not worried in the least about what you think of the them for the next few years. Predicting isn’t of course an exact science, but I don’t sense any objectivity in your position. It might be more prudent to worry about your Stamps even making the playoffs next year.

2 Likes

We can have fun poking at each other. When it comes to a one game playoff game anything can happen. Calgary had an off game in the western semi although I must say I was baffled by the offensive play calling as much as the execution.

Even though Winnipeg had a record tying number of wins I didn't think they were as dominant this year as they were the previous year. Yes they played some excellent games but they also won some fairly lackluster performances where they were outplayed by their opponents.

Next year is a new year. I expect the Bombers to remain strong but the off season will start to tell the story. At this point I project that the top three teams in the west this year will be the top three teams next year but it's a flip of the coin for me in what order they will finish. As far as the other two teams in the west it wouldn't surprise me if Saskatechan slips to the number 5 spot.

3 Likes

Oh Jonny ! You need to read what people post. I didn’t say it was just you. In fact I mention “Many Bomber fans thought the same as you.”

As for your bias against the Stamps, I don’t worry about them. Yes they haven’t dominated the League since just before Covid, but they still made the playoffs for over a decade. Not so for your falling Bombers. (Down , Down Down they are going now)Yup the last 3 years they did pretty good. But what about the decade before? But like everything the LUCK eventually runs out. The Grey Cup proved that.

Hey 3 years of Shear blind luck is pretty lucky for those Blue bombers. But now how are they going to do?

Like I said I just call it like it is, no fantasy land for me. See I like reality.

1 Like

[quote="Stampederfan, post:24, topic:82685"]
...for your falling Bombers. (Down , Down Down they are going now)Yup the last 3 years they did pretty good. But what about the decade before? But like everything the LUCK eventually runs out. The Grey Cup proved that.Hey 3 years of Shear blind luck is pretty lucky for those Blue bombers. But now how are they going to do?Like I said I just call it like it is, no fantasy land for me. See I like reality.
[/quote

I know you said many Bomber fans and that you weren’t referring just to me. I guess I wasn’t clear enough for you. I was trying to convey that it wasn’t just Bomber fans but much of the rest of the country and the oddsmakers that were of the same opinion.

1 Like

I’ll take 3 year of “luck” (did you even watch week 8?) with 2 championships over 3 years of dominance that resulted in 2 of the worst choke jobs ever and one championship.

You are just trolling. Let it rest. If the Stamps are as good as you say they are then you can look forward to next year.

4 Likes

I think that's the kicker, the Stamps may be on a further decline than they already have been. Maier doesn't have it.

Toronto will be the team to beat for at least the next 3 years. They've put together a solid roster mostly by poaching a bunch of Calgary guys.

I hear Bo wants to land there too but we shall see

I can see a world where Hamilton goes all in with a LA Rams style approach to this season in an effort to end their Grey Cup Drought on Home field.

I do hope this Grey Cup is the start of a more balanced league!