Schedule Release

Wow. It's been years since I've said this but, that schedule looks great.

2 home games in July, 2 in August, only one Thursday night, the RedBlacks show up well before the end of the season, I like everything about this.

Kinda wish the team had a bye week later on the season, but nothing is perfect. Is it June yet? :rockin:

the sked looks better then last year's minus the garbage bye weeks. gotta play 10 straight into playoffs. well done cfl....

Ugh, they're killing me. While I like the flow of this season's schedule much more than last year's, we've got a Thursday night game, and 3 Friday night games with 7pm start times. Weeknight games are always hard for people to get to, and to add insult, they're starting 3 of them at 7pm instead of 7:30pm. I hate arriving late, and 6 of the 10 home games (including pre-season) are going to be a pain to get to on time. Seriously, what does the CFL have against Saturday and Sunday games, when people can actually arrive early and have a good time without the stress of fighting traffic after work? If they want better attendance, enough with these weeknight games. Might be time to drop the $4,000 season tickets and just start buying $19 single game tickets for the weekend games.

OTT has bye weeks, week 18 and week 20. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No labour day back to back with the Argblows this season. Still B2B out west.

Also, EE at home, then @ Cal, then at EE. Weeks 5, 6 & 7. Tough run. The only good thing about that is first EE game is on Thurs., next game v. Calgary is on a Sat. Nice break between games. Then, another West game in the Peg on week 8.

Ouch.

EDIT: sorry, that BlueBomber game is a home game for the cats. A little better.

The schedule worked out perfectly for me regarding work etc., so no complaints here. A concern for other fans might be the back to back home games in July and August that are only 5 & 6 days apart from each other. Also, it’s got to be the first time in Ticats history that they don’t host an afternoon home game in the regular season.

As usual this schedule is horse S#*t.

Yep, dropped mine, just can’t travel for hours on end to and from night games , I know the bulk of the ssh’s are close by but a week-end afternoon game on a Sat or Sun for out of towners and in towners would have been nice . Oh well , that life.

I would like to have seen those two July home games split up rather than two games in five days at home then away for another two games. Still its better than last year with almost no home games in July and August.

Zero afternoon home games until the playoffs.

Late start on labour day, I guess to maximize the number of fights in the stands?

But the worst thing is having our bye weeks stacked into the first half of the schedule, where they provide the least benefit to the team.

Fri. SEPT 22nd HAM @ BC 11:00 PM EST :cry: :cry:

Maybe the early bye weeks will keep people healthy further into the season. Don’t mind them at all. Decent schedule except for the Friday 7pm starts.

Looking at the schedule, as coaches and players would, I certainly don't like the last 10 games with no bye and having only 4 non-playing days, between games, preceding both regular season visits to Ottawa. That's particularly bad, considering the RedBlacks have 8 non-playing days prior to the first of those games and 13 before the second. TheCats also have another short week, like that, but it's not as bad being between 2 home games in July. I wonder if they might stay and practise in Calgary, after playing there at the end of July, rather than coming home and then going back west to Edmonton? Less likely, but also a possibility, would be not coming home between the late October games in Montreal and Ottawa.

CFL doesn’t have anything against Saturaday games, they just gave them all to the F*cking argos. So many weeknight games for us, and the Argos play 5 Saturday games to try and boost their attendance. I am sick of the way the league bends over backwards for that pathetic excuse for a professional sports franchise. I’ve seriously had enough. Friday night games suck. Rush from work to the game, get a bite to eat if you can, no chance of tailgating. Ticats games drawing 25,000 are moved to Fridays so the Argos can get their 10,000 fans in their seats on time. It’s a joke.

That was one of the most glaring issues I saw.

BC plays 7 of its 9 home games at 10pm EST or later, which is a big disadvantage for Eastern teams in particular (playing football when their bodies think they should be sleeping). This year the opponents for the earlier games are Sask (who would not be disadvantaged by a late start) and Ottawa.

I think I checked once, and Hamilton never gets to start earlier in BC. As in … never. The other Eastern teams take turns from one year to the next playing afternoon games there, but we always start late. And the scheduling gods must have read my mind when I complained about 10pm, and decided to give us an 11pm start instead. Next year, can I hear midnight?

My main takeaway is that death run from June 15th-Aug 4th…in a 20 day span we get to play EDM twice, then CGY and BC…4 games in 20 days is crazy, but then it has to be against three of the best teams in the league of course. I’d be happy if we went 1-3 and ecstatic if they managed 2-2 during that stretch.

The bye weeks suck, nobody needs a week 2 bye, I understand that’s how it has to be but it is still dumb, especially when they cram both in the first ten weeks.

From the stretch of death to Sept 15th will be what makes or breaks this team. After those four tough games, they then get to play WPG, OTT, TOR at home, then head to OTT for a road game, then back to THF for a contest with the Riders. In my mind they have to go 4-1 in those 5 games if they want a winning record and a shot at first place … 3-2 at the very least, and please don’t lose to Ottawa twice.

Last three games could be very interesting depending on how the rest of the division shakes out, weird that we won’t see Montreal till week 18.

This schedule as Drew Edwards noted, is nice for fans, but a pain in the a** for the team. I am just hoping for a .500 record and a healthy team come playoff time. I will say it is nice not to have a ridiculous amount of back to backs or a stretch of 5-6 weeks away from THF.

This one is a real head scratcher, I can’t remember a game ever starting at 11:00pm in B.C…it’ll be 1:00am ET by time that game is over, and just be hitting midnight around halftime, that’s a crazy advantage for the Lions.

This has been a gripe of mine for years. Yet BC plays here on a Saturday with a 7:30 start? Why not a 1:00 pm start and mess with their “body clocks”. If we can PVR the 11:00 Eastern Time start, the BC fans can PVR a 10:00 am start?

I have complained to the Commissioners Office three times over four years, and so far, have received zero replies.

Just took a peak at the Argos schedule...apparently they will be joining the NCAA when the semester starts in September...9 out of their last 10 games are on a Saturday, with the outlier being Labour Day...guess you gotta give the league credit for trying.

No afternoon home games…

Absolutely freakin’ wonderful…

:x

I'm missing three...without any other commitments that I know of yet!

Sheesh!