Say What You Like, Just Spell His Name Correctly

Taffe/Taaffe/Taffe/Taffee

Maas/Mass

Coffey/Coffy/Coffee

Henley/Henly

MadJack, as others have pointed out, may saying "Receiving Corpse" the past few years was correct after all . :slight_smile:

lol it's not a really big deal and I didn't want to bring it up on my own but since someone else did I thought I would take advantage of it.....
Hope no one gets offended.

LOL.

My own personal favourite is an encounter I had with both a teacher and a vice-principal of a local school, neither of whom knew the difference between 'pore' and 'pour'.

"Tis sad, but a reality of today's educational wasteland, regarding spelling and grammar.

Get used to it. It's not going to change anytime soon.

1. I have noticed much too often lately
    that profession writers say, for example..

'the name of the player that was responsible for play not working was.."

instead of using the correct word is 'who'

"the name of the player who was responsible for the play not working was..."

click here

It isn't just the average person who goofs up spelling and word use.

1. Even they rarely get 'fewer' and 'less' right.

Rule: use "fewer" for things you count (individually)

and "less" for things you measure [quantity]

There were fewer people in attendence at the last game NOT LESS!!!

I drink less water at games in the fall than I do in the summer.

click here

Obie/O.B./Obi :slight_smile:)

"Obie" is the accepted nick of the G.M. "O.B." is a feminine hygiene product. "Obi" signifies Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi Knight who NEVER played a down in the CFL -- although his punt-blocking ability standing 100 feet away from a punter is legendary.
:wink:

As far as the grammarian outbreak in this thread is concerned, this ESL teacher won't pull rank. LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

With all the bad spelling and grammar on this site I'll be shocked if I don't loose my mind by the end of the year. :wink:

Hoo Carez?

good one :slight_smile:

Hey Wilf!

I have a comparable one. After a shooting at a US college the college president was interviewed on TV and he referred to the day's events as being (and I'm not making this up, I saw it live on TV), get this, "heart-rendering."

Talk about inmates in charge of the asylum..........................

Wasn't Hoo Carez governor of New York State? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

LMAO

Oski Wee Wee,

I was going to make a Tyree Davis reference, but he did twitch after the Hitch hit. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Eye joust wanted two ad my to scents. Accept eye couldn't think off watt too right. :stuck_out_tongue:

That follows. :slight_smile:

I have learned to tolerate grammatical, spelling, and syntactical shortcomings on this site. People come from all walks of life and bring what they've got to this medium. As long as folks can decode what's being expressed, let's agree that it beats Esperanto and work together. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

I feel sorry for pore old Wilf.... or is that pour old Whilf? :slight_smile:

Although the correct spelling is 'w-h-e-t-h-e-r' in this sentence
challenged and/or lazy spellers write...'weather I like it or not'

I agre with Oski Wee Wee. All you people bent out of shape about spelling and being grammatically correct should chill out. This is a football site, not an English writting forum. I understand it can be a pet peeve for some when things are not spelt correct, and while you may consider it disrespectful to spell a players name incorrectly, if I type Trafalis or Tafralis, you know exactly who I am referring to. The importance is what is being expressed not how. I will often go to another page and look up players' names from the roster, but sometimes, I just can't be bothered and will use a short form or put (sp?) afterwards.

The English language stinks when it comes to spelling and grammer. Too many words that are not spelled phonetically, and too many words that are pronounced the same but mean different things.

Now, if the grammer and spelling is so bad that you can't decifer what is being expressed, OK go on and complain. There are some posts that do fall into the category, but most do not. I have blocked one user who often has posts that are difficult to read. It's nothing personal, I just don't need the agrevation.

PJ

PS - I guaranteed my spelling and grammer is not correct, I'm an Engineer. If it upsets you, just add me to your foe list, and you won't have to put up with me any more.

Stupid thread...

Well what a true pair of wonder boys you two are..." It really makes the person look completely illiterate"
and the ultra profound "He is making himself look like a babbling moron."
Do you think not writing his name makes your weak minded attack less venomous?
You spell better than Tom and can form full sentences easily without missing a word or screwing up the spelling....well get out the awards and pass em out cause a pair of champs like you havn't been seen round these parts in years.
Just a couple 'o' facts though before the parade gets goin.....Tom does not have dyslexia, and even though he struggles to put pen to paper in a way to make your reading more enjoyable, neither is he illiterate.
The man you've chosen to single out for public ridicule was in a car accident, it kiiled the driver of the car he was in and left Tom in a coma for six months, as an extra bonus he gets to live with a brain injury for the rest of his life.
Comparing "mild dyslexia" with a brain injury, and refering to him as "completely illiterate" just to bolster your own weak self esteem goes way beyond what most consider socially acceptable.
I've called Tom on statements he's made in the past and probably will again in the future, but I always figured that due to the whole injury thing he'd get a pass on the spelling and grammar, I honestly don't find it so hard to decipher his words that I have to try and publically humiliate him.
Take off the spelling bee and grammar king badges and go find a brain injury forum where people practice re-learning to read and write, that's where you'll really learn to read.
You targeted a man and ridiculed him in public because of something he struggles to control, sorry if I don't see how either of you are better men than him.

How's My Spelling?
Dial 1-800-eat-****