Save Sports Page!

If you haven't heard the news, Global has unexpectedly cancelled Sports Page on chek6. This saddens me deeply. It's been on the air for 28 years and has spawned many great sportscasters.

If you're a fan of the show like I am, I encourage ppl to write to viewerrelations@globaltv.ca and tell them they're making a BIG mistake!

Save the Page! They've got the best local sports coverage and they do it with a lot of fun. I'd hate to watch those stiff american-wannabes at TSN.

.......geez, that's awful, I remember watching SP in the late 80s early 90s when I lived in the lower mainland, Dave Randorf, diodn't he start there? couple of other guys too I can't remember their names........best line ever spawned by Sportspage: "Lemieux comes across the crease, over Tugnutt's shoulder UP where mom hides the cookies".........

Just to name a few: Dave Randorf, Blake Price, Barry McDonald, Sean McCormick, Craig MacEwen, Don Taylor

Typical Global.

Put Hey, Prairee fans, I understand they are doing the same to the late night sports programming there too.

R&W...You left the Lower Mainland........? Those mountains, those beaches, those bad drivers down town?????

........ah yes, the 1.5 hour commute each way, the 354 days of rain each year, the unions..........I worked for a big construction company from 88 to 96 and then they transfered me 'back home'..........it was like having a magic fairy, our 1100sf rancher in Maple Ridge insantly turned into a 2400 plus basment two storey here, with cash to spare, and since then has doubled in price, yippee!....my commute is 20 mnutes each way.......still, miss the trees, the coastline, the vivaciouness of Vancouver's downtown, but I can always visit right!?........maybe for Grey Cup?!........