Saturday Game

I'm a Ti-Cat fan and I am coming from out of town with a bunch of buddies for the B.C. game on Saturday. Where's the best spot (close to Ivor Wynne) to have a few beers before and after the game?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

The fans have a tailgate party at Scott Park which is across the street from Ivor Wynne.

Here is a link to the map of Scott Park:

[url=http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Ivor+Wynne+Stadium&city=Hamilton&state=ON&address=75+Balsam+Ave+N&zipcode=L8L+8C1&country=CA&latitude=43.25133&longitude=-79.82909&geocode=ADDRESS&id=25096277]http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Ivor+ ... d=25096277[/url]

Mods: Could someone plase let me know how to change the above link into a user friendly link?

Done! Here’s the same link: http://tinyurl.com/59mbfw

Tinyurl.com is excellent to use to truncate long URLs into something manageable, particularly for e-mails. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Thanks Russ

You’re welcome! Spread the word – it’s a great site for anyone who posts on forums like these.

Oski Wee Wee,

OR you could just tie it into a url tag, it like this…
put the url here[/b]] Description

Description could be the word Link, or pretty much anything you wanted

For example]For this thread here Just click me[/url]

Apparently you're not supposed to drink a few beers before the game.

Some people don't like it.

Boo!

Beer is good!

Thanks everyone.

What time does the tailgating usually get started?

Do the cops ever bother any of the tailgaters?

Are there any bars close by (Barton St?) to have a beer after the game?

Where's the best spot (close by) to have dinner after the game?

A few hours before game time.

Do the cops ever bother any of the tailgaters?
No. the tailgaters are responsible and folow the unwritten rule of having a beer in an opaque plactic cup.
Are there any bars close by (Barton St?) to have a beer after the game?
Non that I'd go to.
Where's the best spot (close by) to have dinner after the game?
Probably back at the tailgate as the game starts at 4pm. If tailgting isn't an option, I'd go donwtown where there are lots of great restaurants. If you want a sports bar/restaurant, try Tailgate Charlies which is downtown on the corner of John st. S. & Jackson st. E

Try Hutch's - it is a short walk from the Stadium and the food is great.

Hope you and your BC friends enjoy the game ... make certain to wear your colours for added abuse.

LOL!

He didn’t say he had B.C. buddies.

He did say he’s a Ti-Cat fan

Hutchs a short walk??? maybe from copps coliseum but not ivor wynne

Thanks for the info. everybody.

Hey diesel27, I can understand that you might think I'm a B.C. fan but I can assure you that I am a Ti-Cat fan. I was born at Hamilton General but I have since moved away. My uncle had season's tickets for years but he passed away last year. I used to get a lot of my information about the Ti-Cats from him but now that he has passed away I figured this forum is a good spot to get some info.

The Ti-Cats could go 2-16 this year and I would still be a fan next year because I'll never stop being a fan of where I was born, Steeltown!