Saskatchewan vs Montreal

indeed

Sorry Footballyoubet. I am a Rider fan. And sometimes I put “We” in my posts, instead of Riders. And I do that because as a shareholder of a community owned team, I feel a little portion of the Riders is mine! My mistake.

The Riders had an opportunity to score 7 when they were on the 3 yard line and got stuffed.
Durant also threw the interception in the EndZone… I believe Tisdale had the pic
And, I can’t remember if Getzlaf dropped that for sure touchdown pass in the first half or the second…

So realistically, we left 17 points off the board…

Exactly. Because the SCHEME is not accounting for the blitz.

The scheme isn't garbage, it needs some tweaks. It wasn't garbage the first 7 games when we were winning. In one thread the favourite part of a 4 game winning winning streak, everyone was calling Cortez a genius. Now in the midst of a 4 game losing streak, everyone wants his head!
90% of scheme is adjustments. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ... you know the saying. At the beginning of the year the scheme worked because no one was answering it. Since the bye, the opposition have watched al lthe film and have ADJUSTED. They have taken away the inside run and blitzed the hell out of the QB and Riders have NOT adjusted. That is scheme. The old scheme no longer works. It needs an overhaul. Your scheme has to be ready to change.

We will do THIS … and WHEN they catch on (not IF, WHEN) when they catch on we will be ready with this, that or that. That is game plan. Not only are the Riders not adjusting within the game itself, they are not even adjusting from game to game. The scheme is passive. HORRIBLY passive. They are sitting back trying to block everybody instead of trying to do things that counter attack. They run copious amounts of double TE and never run. A TE just for pass protection makes man coverage EASY! You are playing right into the opponent’s scheme, NEVER forcing THEM to adjust.

There has been numerous posts about 2 backs, the QB option play, slants, screens, crossing plays over the middle... All to beat the blitz. It's not just Cortez on this one... It's all the coaches, Khari Jones, Jason Tucker.. We have offensive minded coaches.. We just have to tweak the scheme to beat the blitz.. I just can't believe they haven't adjusted it already as we have now seen 4 weeks of pressure..
The problem is obvious. They cannot handle a blitz. AT ALL! Cortez does not need an army of coaches to point this out to him. If he does he should be fishing in the rockies with Dan Hawkins.
We still have 5 games to figure it out and get on a roll. I'm not worried yet. Disappointed maybe, but not worried. Take solace in the fact that we have a defense that can win a Grey Cup..
We've had 4 games to solve the blitz and done nothing. I was patient. Not anymore. I have seen ZERO evidence in entire month to suggest that the Riders are going to be able to handle a blitz. This is beyond stupid. If Cortez hasn't figured it out by now, (or if Jones and Tucker are screaming at him to do so and he refuses) then all hope for the season is lost. Seriously. 8-10. It's over.

Wow at the beginning of the season it seemed like the Riders were a shoe-in for the Grey Cup and the better question was just how much of the record book were they going to re-write. What a difference a few weeks make :o

Things could change once they get Cory sheets back in the lineup!

You can say that again EastVanMark. I thought for sure the Riders were going to run away with the season. I was even beginning to wonder if they would ever lose a game. That was after their 5th straight win. At that time I was also wondering if the Lions were going to even make the playoffs this year. Now look at where the Lions are.

I know a lot of SSK fans are biting their nails now having watched the Roughriders drop their 4th straight game. I also know the Grey Cup is being played in Regina. I’m sure every SSK fan would love to see the Roughriders in the Grey Cup. As for me…I think they know what I’m hoping happens.

Good grief. Another 1-3 week for me on Big Dave's Virtual Grey Cup Challenge.

The Riders said all week that this was a "must-win." So, now what?

it was a must win - for montreal :wink:

Riders in Tail-Spin-City, wow, not the team at the beginning of the season.

I've been saying it for a few weeks now, I'm a superstitious guy and ever since I started "rooting" for the Riders in the VGCC, they have started to lose (at the beginning of the season I was voting against them and they were winning), so I'm gonna keep on voting for them! :rockin:

I also said from the beginning of the year, with ALL the changes that the Riders made over the offseason, they did not address the one problem they have ... DD! DD is easy to rattle and once his confidence is shaken, he starts making mistakes (and takes WEEKS to recover). I don't believe the Riders will win a GC with DD there. If any coach can bring the best out of DD it's Cortez, BUT I still say he is the REAL weakness on the Riders. I think DD is an above average QB, not the "Elite" QB everyone seems to think he is (just my opinion). One day he is (hopefully for his sake) going to gain confidence and learn to have a "short memory" ... until then ... Easy pickings!

:cowboy:

I think things will get better when he is back, however, Rider Nation can’t look to 1 guy to be the saviour. This is a team game… Kory Sheets will help, but we have things to fix too…

I don't know why people are making such a big deal about Saskatchewan losing four in a row. They won a few games they shouldn't have in the first part of the season; now they're losing a few games they shouldn't have. Statistically, it balances out, and they're still 8-5. The important thing is for them to regroup down the stretch. Better to be slumping now than right at the end of the season or in the playoffs...

They have a bunch of guys due in court next week. Their fans want Durant, Cortez and Chamblin fired… :smiley: We’ll take the whole package off their hands :slight_smile:

Yeah, no kidding. You don’t want Durant, Cortez, and Chamblin? Give them to us, please!! :smiley:

and we will gladly trade our W/L record with Sask if they are not happy with theirs.

please?

pretty please?

LOL! It is true…

Rider Nation is generally in a panic if they don’t go 18 - 0 and win everygame by 20 points. IMO, this losing skid is a good thing. Makes them humble. And the Riders never win the Grey Cup unless they have a 9 - 9 record. Realistically they just need to beat Edmonton once and they make the playoffs.

So bring on a few more losses! :stuck_out_tongue:

No, just Cortez. We’ll pay you to take him.

Really?? DONE! :smiley:

You may only have scored 12 points, but part of that was turnovers. Durant passed for over 300 yards. The Als, by contrast, managed only 17 points, but more importantly, that offensive ineptitude is what we’ve seen from the Als all season long. It’s not just a slump, it’s season-long. Yes, we’re starting a backup, but teams around the league are finding ways to win and be productive with backups, so it’s no excuse.

You guys are going through an offensive slump. Slumps happen to everyone – players AND coaches. So maybe Cortez isn’t calling the best game right now. But you know what? It happens. Milanovich goes through the same slumps. So did Trestman. So does Dickenson. Ask BC fans about Chapdelaine’s tendencies. Even the great Kent Austin hasn’t been able to get consistency from Hamilton’s offense.

I would take Cortez as our OC in a heartbeat.

Is the same Cortez that earlier in the year,pretty well every Rider fan was mocking and thanking the Ti-Cats for letting him go??? Is it the same Cortez that at the start of the year was an Offensive minded guru and God???
Is it the same Cortez that was running an error free,fined tuned engine of an offense earlier in the season???
Cortez??? Please,give him to the Al’s and pay them any price they want…He would look good with his sharpie stuffed up his nose in Mtl…The WORST thing the Cats ever did was hire this hack in the 1rst place,the BEST thing we ever did was boot his arse out of town at the end of the season.I find it hilarious and ironic that when you guys were 8-1 and sailing along,Georgie could do no wrong,now 4 losses later,and it’s GET HIM OUUTA HERE!!! Why didn’t you just ask us Cat fans in the 1rst place??? We would have told you,how good old Georgie and his endless supply of sharpies was. :lol:

http://www.topironons.com/images/Curious_George_Iron_on_transfers_008.JPG

Wow, Bobo coming strong with a rant worthy of Area51.