Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Ugly it was… Ran out of gas in the fourth.

In all reality, the Riders had 1 day of full practice (and a walk through), as a result of the short week, and new CBA rules.
But I am also not sure what is currently going through the coaches minds right now. They rested a lot of guys with bumps and bruises to audition some new players and see what they have for playoffs. And then it seemed they were reluctant to put the new players in for much of the second half… And Cortez called a lot of pass plays with a 27 - 15 lead in the third quarter when Toston was getting 7, 8, 9 yards a carry in the third quarter, and Joseph was running out of steam…

I just don’t get it. I think the coaches are almost confusing themselves with their philosophy of handling players this year

The Riders lost the game when they got called for holding and then their kicker kicked a peewee length kickoff after the ensuing conceded sftey. The kickoff is typical of the 2014 season not being pro ball.. That would of been a piss poor kickoff by a high school player.Cortez, just added to the amateur feelling of the meltdown... This is not pro football.

They've at least been competitive with Joseph in there, and easily could have beaten the top 2 teams in the league the last 2 weeks (granted tonight both teams sat quite a few starters who were banged up).

Joseph hasn't had a lot of time to get in sync with his receivers, I think he'll continue to get better. He looked very good through 3 quarters tonight.

While I don't think the Riders are making a deep run in the playoffs, they'll certainly give whoever they play a good run for their money. You never know, worse teams have won a cup :lol:

Just finished watching the highlights, couldn't watch this one live, but man Riders had it but that's the mark of great team coming back like that as the Stamps did. Agree, the Riders are competetive with Joseph in there but not going to win anything this season I'll say.

Nah. We saw the same thing in Edmonton. He’d be good for the first 30 minutes, but after that you could see the fatigue start to set in. He’s just too old. He doesn’t have the stamina for 60 minutes.

Or they just run out of plays because he’s been on board for a couple weeks, we will know in a month. I don’t think he makes them a contender but they are a better team with him than without.

Very limited practice time has been the real killer. They only had 1 day of practice this week with travel and a short week. I bet he has less than 5 practices with the first team. It probably wouldn’t hurt if they could get a run game going either, they’ve been very pass happy the past 2 games.

If they’d have just kept running the ball in the second half they’d have won the game.