Sandy Beveridge is calling it quits

Yeah, I think you’re right. According to his roster page, Marwan joined the Cats midway through 2004 after attending training camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://www.ticats.ca/roster/show/id/372

Jykine Bradley signed in February prior to the 2005 season.

http://www.ticats.ca/roster/show/id/670

Any other candidates?

It marwan no quiestion

this should for once and for all end the "who should be starting at safety" debate.

Congratulations Sandy on your new career, you are going to be able to help many people and you will have lots of fun. Stay safe and best of luck for your future.

Always a good thing when a young man gets out of the game with his faculties and his physique intact. Sandy was a real, committed, loyal Tiger-Cat, and his experience, talent, and community service will be missed. I hope that he will enjoy a long and successful career as a fireman, contributing yet again, albeit differently, to his adopted hometown. A real gentleman; a real Tiger-Cat. God bless, Sandy!

Congrats Sandy. Be safe in your chosen profession. I have the utmost respect for those who risk their lives day in and day out to help others. Thanks for everything you have done as a Ticat. You will be missed.

Well said. :thup:

I knew that he made some contributions off the field, but I also didn’t know he did that much. While we’re on the topic of Hage, it could be that what Hage did in the community overshadowed what Sandy did, I don’t know. :slight_smile:

I would like to thank Sandy Beveridge for what he did here both on and off the field. He was good to have on special teams, and gave us depth on defence. I know I’ve criticized him a few times, but a non-import player who can do as well as he did on defence and special teams is good to have. We may really miss him if Barker gets injured or shows his lack of experience. But hopefully Sandy did what he could in preventing the latter from happening in being a good mentor to Barker.

I respect his decision to do what he did, and as he himself said, it was not an easy one to make. But it seemed to be what he wanted, as I understand he’s already done work as a volunteer firefighter. I wish him the best of luck in the future as he goes from one Hamilton team to another Hamilton team that I respect: The Hamilton Fire Department.

Sandy, this thumbs-up is for you: :thup:

It very hard to get on the Dept in Hamilton …
So I can understand his Call to Retire

Good luck to him and thank you for the time wearing black & gold.

In days gone by the Department would have held a position for him when his playing days ended.

Me thinks somebody better step up in case Barker goes down. Plus, we’re weaker on special teams now.

Sad to see him go, but happy to know he's doing what he always wanted. Farewell and good luck Sandy.

Classy

Good luck, Sandy and thanks for your great contribution to the Ticats, the fans and in particular, your charitable
involvments around the city.

While i wish Sandy good luck, i do want to say that a pretty good defense just got even better. :smiley:

Ok, I’m cluless here. Who is the other Sandy?

DeAngelis (Sandro = Sandy)

Wow and I thought Winnipeg was bad for throwing people under the bus prematurely.Ticat fans are the absolute worst."What?!?!?!?Calvillo threw an incomplete pass?!?!Get the pitchforks honey!We've got a burning at the stake to do today!"
"what's that?Joffrey Reynolds only gained 7 yards on 2nd down?Honey!!!!We're gonna need those pitchforks again!"

Unbelievable.

If SB played for the Leafs, can't ya just hear Don Cherry's rant? "You kids out there!!! You should never bail on your team.... If you're goin' out, go out on your shield....!!! etc. etc."

Me? I say more power to SB for making a smart move for himself and his family.

An Argo-Cat fan

More power to Don Cherry.

Duh! Thanks. :oops:

No worries. Most people probably wouldn’t make that connection.