Samuel Giguere is a HAMILTON TIGER-CAT !!!!!!!!

One day before the 2012 CFL Canadian Draft, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced that they have signed a first-round pick from the 2008 Draft, receiver Samuel Giguere.

Giguere, a 5-11, 218-pound native of Sherbrooke, Quebec, has spent the last four seasons in the NFL with Indianapolis Colts and New York Giants after being selected by the Ticats with the 8th overall pick in 2008.

Following a stellar three-year CIS career at Sherbrooke, Giguere signed with the Colts as a free agent in April of 2008. He would go on to spend most of the next two seasons on Indianapolis’ practice squad, seeing action in one game in which he returned five kickoffs for 122 yards. Giguere joined the Giants in October of 2010, serving on their practice roster for the remainder of the season before being waived during New York's 2011 training camp.

In three seasons at Sherbrooke, the 26-year-old caught 94 passes for 1,950 yards and 17 touchdowns. He was named a first-team all-Canadian in 2007.

“We’re thrilled to add Samuel to our team. He’s a very talented receiver who upgrades our offence and provides our roster with another great Canadian player. We’re excited to see Samuel contribute in Hamilton this season and beyond,? said head coach and director of football operations George Cortez.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Poor Samuel… :cry:

lol i doubt he remember how to play reciever by now

Unfortunate for him that he doesn’t get to play for his hometown Als, but then he wouldn’t have been doing that had he made it in the NFL. But I’m sure he’ll be appreciated by Ticat fans. I’m looking forward to our Canadian Air Force this year.

I'll be interested to see how he does, very. I'm not convinced he'll be all that. Rusting away on an NFL roster is not good for a players development. Yes, I do realize he did KR for the colts for a couple seasons, but I'm still curious to see how he performs in camp.

Reaction from Samuel Giguere Signing

click below

http://www.ticats.ca/video/index/id/74019

I think we just might have potentially the best receiving corps in the entire league now. :wink:

Hard to argue with that Earl. Also, since these guys are Canadian, it could give the Ticats much flexibility to play Imports at other “non import” positions. The Lions used this to their advantage a few years back when Obie was still with them.