Sam Young to start practice with Bombers

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=18066]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=18066[/url]

The Blue Bombers also announced that former Saskatchewan Roughriders non-import linebacker/long-snapper Mike Mahoney and former Hamilton Tiger-Cats import defensive back Sam Young are expected to begin practicing with the club on Monday.

Oh Well,

Sam Young is a greedy average player so let him play 2nd string in winnipeg and get paid for doing nuthing there.

We dont know the whole story, we only know Marcel's. And as far as im concerned that could mean a bunch of different things.

I think Young and his agent would have reached out to the paper by now if there was another story. Remember its not like they could find common ground on a contract, a contract was already signed...a week before.

How do you know that wasnt a Practice Roster contract or something that changed once he made the starting lineup.... all im saying is that Marcel's word isnt the law.

Perhaps Winnipeg signed Young to get even with Hamilton for the ‘cold shower’ thingy… :lol:

…seriously, whatever happened, I’m not concerned at all as it’s…well…over.

Oh Well,

Sam Young is a greedy average player so let him play 2nd string in winnipeg and get paid for doing nuthing there.

Does the average player come back from an achilles injury after not being in preseason camp, missing the first 2 games and expected to start in week 3?

Sam Young and Mike Mahoney could be solid additions for the Bombers.

Exactly.....an Achilles Injury is serious and always a risky thing.....mine ended my recreational baseball hobby....they always come back to bite you pretty much as that tendon is never the same going forward...so even though you think Young is going above and beyond, he's going to blow that Achilles again....mark my words..

...if anyone deserved a real shot at the club this year after an injury, it was Ray Thomas....and even though Ray is a good friend, I've never brought it up to Marcel in any casual conversations I've had with him......I respect Marcel's decisions.

Exactly.....an Achilles Injury is serious and always a risky thing.....mine ended my recreational baseball hobby....they always come back to bite you pretty much as that tendon is never the same going forward...so even though you think Young is going above and beyond, he's going to blow that Achilles again....mark my words..

...if anyone deserved a real shot at the club this year after an injury, it was Ray Thomas....and even though Ray is a good friend, I've never brought it up to Marcel in any casual conversations I've had with him......I respect Marcel's decisions.

Well I guess the Bombers didn't feel the same as Marcel. Good luck to you and your injury.

MARCEL should have suspended YOUNG instead of cutting him.

Let him sit and perhaps swing a trade.

Cutting him presumably gave YOUNG what he wanted. A chance now with Winnipeg and possibly the money he wanted.

Bad Move.

:cowboy:

So once again.... maybe theres more to this than what Marcel is telling us??

I guess Brenden didn't get Marcel's all posts bulletin about the greedy Sam Young. :smiley:

obviously there is no integrity in the bombers organization. Young has no business ever setting foot on a cfl field again. Bombers just went from number 5 to number 8 in my books.

Sam Young is a bum. He couldn't give a damn about Hamilton! I hope he re-tears his Achilles and calls it a career (brief)!

Absolutly, Marcel did the right thing.
A players agent doesn't come to the GM the day before a game and demand a pay increase. Could you imagine what kind of message that would send to the others.
Let Young go where he wants to......as long as it's not with the Cats.

You should consider that We are banged up at the DB posistion and really needed someone to come in. i dont care who he is as long as he can play. i dont care if you think there is no integrity in our organization

Well seeing how Peters is usually all over a story like this and Young or his agent haven't gone to the paper would make me seem to think there isn't a story other than the one being told.

obviously neither do bomber brass.

Desjardins: "We had agreed on something last week and two days before the game, he decides it's not good enough."

Sam Young reply: "They rushed the (playing) contract and my base was $41,000."

A deal is a deal. Sam Young is a bum and so is his agent!