SAM YOUNG RELEASED!

Apparently just 2 days before the game his agent called marcel and demanded more money, this after he already agreed to a contract the week before. sounds like a strong arm tactic by sam and his agent and marcel doesn't sound too pleased in today's spec.

i guess karikari starts at safety with delgado at db too and cody back which will help.

Where did you hear this???

im at work and just got this morn's spec, page 4 /peters.
this is no joke.

All I can say is WOW

What a heartless money grubbing sleaze. They were smart to cut a guy like that.

puts us in a bit of a bind, even though they would still cut wayne shaw. i'm sure we're ok at safety with bev backing up karikari but now this hits our halfback position. until young got hurt last year i thought he was of our best defensive players and was glad he signed back this week.
anyone know where clifford ivory is now? id love to see him back here.

Maybe for now keep Karikari at halfback and start Beveridge at safety. Sandy brings the smack and a lot of other things that Shaw never did.

Cliff is sitting at home....no one has picked him up yet. I think he would be a great addition to pick up on a one or two year contract. He will bring some leadership and experience to the team and defence. That is only if Cliff was willing to take a low deal (cap $$$) and play in a back up or shared role to help mentor some of our young DB's. It would be a great and much needed pick up.

I hope Young's "agent" can get him a job pouring Slurpees at 7-11, because all CFL doors have just slammed shut right in Young's face.

Good move! :thup:

Marcel stated in the Spec that he would not be shy about informing the other 7 GM`s about Young. His playing days are over in the CFL.

With the money we`re NOT spending on him, Ivory would seem to be the logical choice at HB (even though he played for the blue team). Besides - he is great at blocking punts and kicks...

Now one of our veteran players
makes a huge mental error
before stepping on the field.

I hope Sam's error is also
a career-ending mental error.

Young Given The Boot Ken Peters

The Hamilton Spectator Jul 13, 2007

click here

Holy crap you guys buy everything Marcel says hook, line and sinker. Bunch of sheep. Did anyone inquire to Sam Youngs'side of this. NO, just crucify him cause the GM says it is so. Unbelievable. Now you can attack what I said but whos gives a ****

I love how players in pro sports can sign a contract and then decide... "wait... I want more money. Give me more or I'll hold out". How come owners can't say "you're not playing very well. I'm only paying you half"?

If Delgardo starts at HB, watch for Cahoon to try to torch him.

I'm sure the other GM's in the league can make their own decisions on what players they bring in without consulting Marcel. lol
My take on Sam Young would be he probably has another job available to him for more money then the Ticats were going to pay him. Can't blame him for that if he has a family to feed. That is one of the problems the CFL faces recruiting the US players is the low pay scale for rookies and non established players. You have to find guys who really love the game to take less salary than they could make outside of football.

IMO matters like this should have been kept between the club and the player instead of just hearing one side of the story. But I guess you could call the GM a rookie.

I know you're absolutely sure hordes of sports writers
will soon be ringing Sam's agent's phone off the hook

but if you feel so strongly that Sam and
his agent have been unfairly slandered

why don't you contact his agent
and demand their side of the story?

You could be on to something, Koo-BLAH-dee.

If you get a big scoop, be sure to post it here first.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out what went on. It would be totally moronic to cut a guy for no reason 2 days before a game. Doubleblue, I don't care if he had an offer for more money elsewhere, he agreed to a contract and that's what he should have lived up to it. I think I'll go into my boss and tell them that if she doesn't give me more money, I'm not coming in. Where do you think that would get me?? :roll: Should we take bets on how long it will take him to arrive in Sask??

…And be a allstar in Sask.

The Riders are flying high now, at the START of the season, but they will tank in the playoffs. They always do.

Double Blue

I'm sure the other GM's in the league

can make their own decisions on
what players they bring in

without consulting Marcel. lol

Have yourself a good chuckle, Double Blue,

Except for the Blue team's braintrust of Rita and Mohns

most G.M.s like to have players who have good character
and would want to know about the move Sam and his agent made.

My take on Sam Young would be he probably has another job

available to him for more money
then the Ticats were going to pay him.

Can't blame him for that
if he has a family to feed.

If breaking a contract is okay
obviously it doesn't matter to you
if it is done 2 days before a game
That is one of the problems the CFL faces recruiting the US players

is the low pay scale for rookies
and non established players.

You have to find guys
who really love the game

to take less salary than they
could make outside of football.

Sam received veteran's pay
He was an all star in B.C.
IMO matters like this should have been kept between the club and the player

instead of just hearing one side of the story.

But I guess you could call the GM a rookie.

When players and agents act in bad faith,
the more public this fact becomes, the better.

With the secondary shuffling that will accompany the departure of Shaw and Young, does this mean that Gauthier might finally get in the game? He's been more than solid on special teams this year and last. And, I can't forget how him and Chip Cox ripped us a new arsehole last year when we played Montreal (blocked kicks, interceptions, lots of tackles, etc).

Please Mr. Bundy, give him a shot.