Saints players defy coaches

Should they be punished by the team?

Saints players defy their own coaches and score from kneel-down formation, angering the Falcons - ABC News (go.com)

Pretty damn disrespectful of their coaches.

Do you mean disrespectful to their coaches?

2 Likes

A TD from “victory” formation is kind of like an empty net goal in hockey. Its kind of hollow. I wonder if the running back is proud to have scored that way.

3 Likes

I’d say worse, at least the defence is prepared for an EN. Running an actual play from the V form would be like slapping a burner at the goalie when he’s getting his water bottle…

2 Likes

I am a Saints fan and I agree with this analogy . If you’re going to do something like that then show some balls and lineup in actual formation and run the damn play . What the Saints did is in actuality akin to a sucker punch when the other guy isn’t looking or prepared for it .

6 Likes

That would’ve been the better option bobo, line up like you mean it. What sort of victory does that guy who scored the TD (his first) actually hold? A hollow one imo…

3 Likes

They should be fined by the league as well
Signaling Victory formation is also a safety issue.
This in a way a set a precedent to allow the D to drill the QB in V formation to be sure this is not a fake

4 Likes

These two teams being divisional rivals automatically play each other twice in a season . I honestly wouldn’t want to be on the Saints offense in that first game next season . You can be sure that Atlanta has that bookmarked and checked in their memory banks for payback and retribution the next time these two teams meet again next year .

4 Likes