Sad days for Bomber fans

The main concern I’m having with LeFors right now is that he seems to be going backwards… there really weren’t any of those almost-type plays that were at least cause for some optimism in the first few games… he just looked lousy… I’m not going to say he can’t do it, still want to believe in him as I’ve been a fan of his for a while… but he’s making it hard… I do agree Kelly’s to blame in a lot of ways for his ineffectiveness too… unlike most I wouldn’t mind if he starts again… I don’t see anything in Randall or Williams either so I don’t see much to lose… but I want to see something good soon.

well, to be fair, the defense cons list isn’t too bad:

“Sadly it seems the only the BB can put up a TD lately is for them to pick it and take it to the house, so we need way more of those from them. Or for the to play both sides of the ball.”

I particularly enjoyed the size of the cons list vs. the pros list for Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly kinda has a point with the schizophrenic reference to Bomber fans. We may be passionate, but I'm sure a lot of people would also vote us as some of the worst fans as well. I mean when you get players not wanting to come to a city because they just don't want to deal with the fans, it's not a good situation. I mean I understand the anger and frustration, but when a team plays at home and has to deal with more jeering then they get on the road, I mean why bother playing at home then? Sure nobody is jumping on the defense.....yet. That'll come soon too. What any coach or player has to realize when they come to Winnipeg is that unless you win a Grey Cup, you're just not good enough. I mean we were all pumped when the Bombers made it to the Grey Cup, as soon as they lost, well Dinwiddie was the problem, or we needed to get a new O-Line, and there were even people suggesting we trade Milt Stegall when he was here. Maybe it's just us being passionate, but man, even when the Riders were doing terrible they never got booed at Taylor, I hate to make that comparison to Rider fans, but it's true

Something else has occurred to me...........

Didn't Kelly bring in this Thorpe kid to return kicks?

I only saw him as a WR late in the game............I don't recall seeing him once returning a kick............what was up with that??

Thorpe got his first taste of the prairie winds and wasn't confident enough to handle them so Kelly had to pull him as the returner.

What I was really crying/laughing about since i was cheering for the Bombers in that one, was how the refs gave them a first and goal at the 5 on a pass interference call that was not even close to interference. They turned free points into 0. :roll:

Yes, that was a bogus call for sure…heck even Suitor and Cuthbert said it was a bad call, and they usually try to back up the officials whenever possible…but it just wasn’t possible on that play…there was no interference at all.

yeah, that call was awful… as for not getting points out of it, well, unfortunately with the way the game had gone I kind of expected that to happen :frowning:

Yeah, I would agree, there was a grab before the ball was thrown, so at worst illegal contact, but definitely no PI. And you know, when things go bad, they go bad all the way.

...I think the refs. were trying their best to alleviate the pathetic 'offensive' (offending is more appropriate) performance by the Bombers and tried to give them one....That call was TOTALLY B.S. :wink:

I wasn’t paying attention during Reinebold’s time…tell me how it was worse than this

Our Defence sucked as well. Wpg. Defence is above average this year.

Actually 90% of you didn't, and I strongly remember Bomber fans trolling our forums stating that they were going to be battling Montreal for 1st in the east or even capturing 1st in the first few weeks and the Ticats would be winless. Went on and on for weeks before the season and after their first pre-season win against us that they'd dominate the east early on and that Kelly wasn't an idiot but rather a genius. Hmmm... Different song now.
[/quote]
by 15 Championships

Over the past few years the team has been run into the ground by Bauer and the old boys club. That is the real problem with this franchise. I don't expect much will change. I agree with your comments. I was one who said that Kelly was a flop from the beginning and I was called negative and not knowing anything. The media in this town in the beginning thought Kelly was the second coming of Christ. Because Bauer told them so. I would not let the ribbing of the Ticats bother you. When I attend the games some of the fans I see are the dumbest bunch in the country. If you watch the movie Dumb and Dumber that you give you some idea of the fans who sit in the stands.

by 15 Championships

Over the past few years the team has been run into the ground by Bauer and the old boys club. That is the real problem with this franchise. I don’t expect much will change. I agree with your comments. I was one who said that Kelly was a flop from the beginning and I was called negative and not knowing anything. The media in this town in the beginning thought Kelly was the second coming of Christ. Because Bauer told them so. I would not let the ribbing of the Ticats bother you. When I attend the games some of the fans I see are the dumbest bunch in the country. If you watch the movie Dumb and Dumber that you give you some idea of the fans who sit in the stands.
[/quote]
Good one. Based on this post you’re in no position to question anybody’s intelligence. We’re an adequate qb away from being a very good team.

Good one. Based on this post you’re in no position to question anybody’s intelligence. We’re an adequate qb away from being a very good team.
[/quote]
You are dreaming. We have more problems than just QB. The receivers are questionable. The coach’s play calling stinks. You and some others are in for a nasty shock.

You would think, except once the play-calling is better, the QB play will get better (hopefully bringing in Bishop does that but I’m not convinced… I think using the shotgun would do a lot for the QB play, whoever it is at QB) and in turn the receivers won’t look so bad. They didn’t do much to help LeFors out in the first couple games but we really have no idea how they played in weeks 3 and 4 because we’ve barely ever had the ball… the problems are all related, it’s not like our QB sucks and our secondary sucks or something like that.

Only our coach sucks.