Russ Jackson the First CFL Player to be on the Walk of Fame

It was great to see Russ Jackson be placed on the Canadian Walk of Fame in Toronto. We talked about this a few years ago it was a writer from the Ottawa Sun that pushed for Russ to be on the Walk of Fame. I think it's well deserved, he succeeded in a position that has always been dominated by Imports. He actually earned the QB starting job, he was never given the job because he was a NI.

Jackson was the best QB of his era regardless of passport. I can't even dream of such a thing happening in 2012. He had great players like Whit Tucker, Bo Scott, Vic Washington, Ron Stewart, etc. to work with but he was the stick that stirred the drink.

He deserves this recognition.

An Argo-Cat fan

[quote="Spinner"]It was great to see Russ Jackson be placed on the Canadian Walk of Fame in Toronto. We talked about this a few years ago it was a writer from the Ottawa Sun that pushed for Russ to be on the Walk of Fame. I think it's well deserved, he succeeded in a position that has always been dominated by Imports. He actually earned the QB starting job, he was never given the job because he was a NI.[/quote

8) Yes, Russ was given the starting QB job in Ottawa, over Ron Lancaster, who was subsequently traded to Regina.
   From my 50 years of watching the CFL, Russ Jackson was definitely one of the best QB's to ever play in this league,

and that includes some of the hot shot imports that played up here, over those years, and to this day !!!

A well deserved award for sure.
8) Don't forget, Margene "Oleo" Adkins, also Barney !! :wink: