Rush for 100th grey cup half time show

It's the off season, I am bored and looking ahead, and think this is a great idea. Rush is Canada's band, and I saw them back in September, they still have it.

Would be great, great band all the way!!

You couldn't pay me to watch it.

To each his own with music, as they say you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. No matter what group or person you choose, there will always be people who don't like them or their music.

Why not this year? It's the 50th Anniversary of the CFL as we know it, isn't it? May as well go back to a Canadian classic.

Again, why the big deal for a halftime show? I’ll go to the Grey Cup to watch Football, not a Rock or Country band.

Why not have the Top High School bands of each Province Play a two minute Halftime song?

NO MATTER WHO THE HALF TIME SHOW IS. IT WILL NOT EFFECT MY DECISION WHETHER I GO TO GREY CUP OR NOT!

I'm with you there Sporty. But it does effect, I would think, companies decisions to advertise and half-time and what the cost per second of advertising is. It is important from this standpoint.

:lol: Same here. I'd use the time to go to the bathroom and replenish my beer and snacks. :wink:

the grey cup show won;t prevent me from watching or going. i think it should be an classic CANADIAN rock group though so bands like RUSH, Guess Who, Tragically Hip.

I never understood what the big deal was over the half time showe either.

I agree. Get G-Unit.

Clearly I am just kidding. :lol: :roll:

There's a half time show? :wink:

It may matter for sponsors, but for actual ratings? I doubt it.

i enjoy half time shows, and so do many people. I was at a game with my dad in August (the one where the Tiger-Cats beat Winnipeg)and we had a blast. We sat next to another boy and his father, the boy was about my age (15 or so) and the whole game all he did was complain how bored he was, and how bad football is. Although it was a great game, a good half time show is probably what keeps some people into it. I would probably say if you don't like football, don't go, but half time shows are important, especially in championship games, i personally enjoy the football more but the half time show is a nice touch and could make a great game a GREAT game.

The best Half time show in my opinion is the "Superdogs Show" as they run through the obstacle courses! :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't mind them with a Marching band playing "How Much is that Doggie in the Window" during the competition! :wink:

I agree. It makes the Championship game a little more special. It's not just another playoff game. It definitely adds to the excitement for me. Provided they have a good artist or band. :stuck_out_tongue:

for the love of god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
one of, if not THE worst act of 2003's SarStock

How about Lenny Kravits :slight_smile: I like Rush but not a big fan and I'm sick of the Guess Who and all their same old songs over and over write something new already. I think they should look at two Canadian acts for Grey Cup 100 since the Riders will probably be in it how about Saskatchewan band The Northern Pikes :slight_smile: I think the Tragicaly Hip should be considered I have no problem with them along side Rush :slight_smile: lets see what Canadian act is hot come closer to game day :wink:

I definitely wouldn't mind a Hip halftime show! :smiley:

Rush playing the half time show at the 100th grey cup? You have my vote.

I have to be honest...

I dont even know who the hell Rush is.