Running Game

Okay, I knew going into the season that we were going to have a passing team under Kent Austin... but its frustrating that on 2nd and 1 or 2nd and two.... they refuse to run the ball.

The key to winning is having balance. Yeah we can be a passing team predominantly but you have to throw the run in there too... especially in the obvious situations!

Just my thoughts. We need to have some more running because we have a great O-line and I think Wes Cates will be a great back!

Im not saying that i endorse Joseph for the next game but when you are throwing all game you will get alot of pressure because they will send people full speed at the quarterback not worrying about the run. We only have 2 guys from our amazing o-line last year and i'm not saying they are doing a bad job but they love to run block and you can't expect them to pass protect all day. We need a balance between Austin and Barret.

or a qb sneak or bootleg on 2nd down

I agree! We need better balance. On second and 2. You run the ball. At least then likely put yourself in 3rd and inches at the worst. I think Austin is leaning to much on the pass. The BC defence predicted this.

2nd an two, should be a given. But then again there is always logic behind the structure. What won’t work, will be changed.

Yeah, i agree that we should be running the ball in those situations. However, we all knew that this was going to happen under Kent Austin.

IT WASN'T AUSTINS GAMEPLAN THAT WAS BAD I FEEL HE HAD THE TEAM PREPARED BUT THOSE TURNOVERS MADE THEM LOSE CONFIDENCE PLAYERS MADE THE MISTAKE LIKE IN THE SECOND THEY STARTED BUILDING MOMENTUM AND MOVED THE BALL WELL BUT IT WAS TOO LATE

I actually spotted Kenton Keith on my way out of the stadium, and he was apparently seen down by the Riders bench.

cool kk was awsome hopefully he gets good reps in the nfl. if not riders would welcome him back

Well did yesterdays game answer your question. Seemed to run everytime on second and short and how did that work out. A whole lot of nothing. Maybe a qb option would have worked but going up the middle (especially in the second half was very unsuccesful).