Rumour- Hank signed in Ottawa

Its relative. Campbell knows both Burris and KG so he must think they are a better team with Hank but Ottawa has no baggage and maybe are putting their money on red (that the cap will significantly increase). Hamilton is in another situation where they have a bunch of guys maturing this year and next into their second contracts. Right now as far as high paid guys they have Shologan, Hage and MAYBE Eppele. Almost everyone else will be on rookie contracts orclose to.

Also we don’t know what the situation with KG was. Did he demand a new contract ? Its odd that he was not heard or seen since the day of the expansion draft.

As much as it didn’t make sense for Hamilton it does for Ottawa.

Hank , Hage, and Chevy :rockin: :lol: :thup: :thdn: :wink:
[/quote]

BRAIN FART SORRY! , MY KID POSTED THIS TIME FOR HIS OWN ACCOUNT! :?

Don’t know if this has been mentioned/shared yet … but I thought I’d put it out there …

From the media scrum announcing the Burris signing in Ottawa …

“I really don’t look at this as an expansion team,? said Burris. [u][i][b]“Last season in Hamilton we had the youngest team in the league on both sides of the ball and I was changing (diapers) day in and day out.[/b][/i][/u] I expect some of the same challenges (in Ottawa)."
I can just see it mow ... Henry's welcoming back to Hamilton and in THF now ... "Pampers" anyone???

The entire article … http://www.1310news.com/2014/02/04/fres … ry-burris/

Thank you grover, was about to quote the same thing,

totally not upset about not re-signing hank if that was the number he was looking for

and for anyone wondering about how Ottawa can afford burris and glenn, they've got about 20 contracts on the books, and a whole lot of their players will be first year guys, generally cheaper, might as well go big at QB and drive up ticket sales.

smart move for OTT, puts them into the playoff conversation in a hurry (i think Glenn did as well, but this makes it slightly more legit)

Their canadian depth looks very inexpensive, and first year american players for the most part won't know the difference between Ottawa and saskamatoon, if Desjardins is smart, he'll play up the nation's capitol bit and make it seem like they'll get more exposure for the NFL there.

gonna be a very very interesting 2014

Ottawa won’t be a typical expanson team they very well could be a contender from the get go.

That comment made me laugh… He might as well have written. “Why bother signing good players, they going to lose anyway” :cowboy:

No if you read it im saying why sign older players… Obviously they need to sign good players but they should be younger guys who can grow. Hank is a great qb but he wont be able to win alone they need a lot of help.

I don't know what this fascination with age is by some fans?

Hank is still playing at a high level LOL ! This is not the seventies. 38 for a guy that stays in shape is not an issue. It all starts with the QB. Look at Toronto when they brought in Ray. They went from the bottom to the top overnight and to a certain extend Henry did the same in Hamilton in two season, As long as the coaching is there and the team is well run they will be fine. Are they going to the GC ? Probably not but Henry could mean a nine win season as opposed to a four win season. Then there is the intangible about attracting talent. It sends a message to players. We aren't cheap, we won't try to skrew you wen you when your contract comes up and we want to win at all cost. That is a pretty good message.

We haven't even talked about TRT yet. This will be the next big thing in sports. There is no way to outlaw it as it is prescribed medicine. I predict that within the next five years you will see football players play into their late thirties and forties.

If Henry plays as he did last year minus the type of mistake where he tends to wobble it sort of straight up in the air when in the arms of tackler and not seemingly really knowing if there is a receiver where he thinks the ball might land, he could very well lead the RB's to a playoff birth. He's in shape and a gamer and hasn't had a real serious injury I'm aware of.

Every QB throws some ducks. Hell Payton friggin Manning did that four times last week.

What are you talking about…
The fascination with age is most QB’s cant play past 40 and Hank will be 39 by the time the season starts. Like I have said multiple times I think he is still a great qb but that cant last forever.

Why worry about 2016 if your an expansion team ???
If anything this makes the situation more attractive for DeMarco

I think certain Hamilton fans are confusing their own team's needs and state with those of Ottawa's. Apples and oranges in a big, big way. Hamilton is trying to take that next step into becoming a perennial contender (which obvs including winning a Grey Cup within the next couple of years). Ottawa is just trying to get off the ground and field a solid, competitive team that can win some games right now. The future will take care of itself. By the time 2016 rolls around, if Desjardins has done his job and DeMarco progresses as expected, Ottawa should still be in good shape at the QB position even with Burris retired. He's not the future, but he can help Ottawa enormously in the here and now.

Well said … :thup:

Name last time a expanson team started out with not one but 2 very good qb’s?

CFL contracts are not guaranteed.
When father time catches up to Hank, and it surely will,
they can release him and they have $450K to sign another FA QB
IMHO this is a great signing for the ARBY’s
There was a buzz in Ottawa yesterday, heck, even PM Harper got into it,
In Ottawa the CFL congress is today and the Coach of the year award also
CFL bigwigs are all there, lots of out of town press already in town for this function.
Very positive for the team and the league!
Now I just hope that Bad Hank is the leader of this team. :twisted:

They wont go into the season with Glenn, the man wants to play and really he deserves to.

Yes he does but the team, deserves fair compensation as well. When and if that opportunity arises. I’m sure they will make the move. It may take a while but in the mean time he has a job and he gets paid.