Rumour- Hank signed in Ottawa

This just makes Ottawa look stupid, they aren't built to win now so why pay Hank this much... I would of kept Glenn and tried to groom a QB under him as they turn this team into a contender.

This is based on a tweet started by a reporter in Winnipeg...Could be 300k plus incentives for all we know.

The peg would of offered him at least that much so why would he jump to an expansion team over a team that mainly needs a QB?

No Rumour, I say a DONE DEAL!!

Henry signs with Ottawa and like many fans who didn't expect to see this one coming or thought Marcel was crazy, maybe Marcel has an idea of keeping Burris for two or three years as a starter and work in DeMarco as the young gun and trade the rights to Kevin Glenn or the other way around, who knows only the Redblacks do, no time for speculation here until a deal is announced.

Eat Em Raw Tiger-Cats!!

Bomber management can't come out and say to their fans that Henry signed for Ottawa for the same or less money. They might as well fire themselves. They planted that story on Penton and he tweeted it out.

Bomber management can't come out and say to their fans that Henry signed for Ottawa for the same or less money. They might as well fire themselves. They planted that story on Penton and he tweeted it out.

Glenn went to Calgary as a backup to Tate and he filled that role without complaining and proved to be a great investment for Hufnagel when Tate when down. Look at the number of starting quarterback games lost due to injury in the CFL last year. The quality of your backup is almost as important as your starting quarterback. Besides, I can understand why Glenn would be upset at being pulled for a failure like Quinton Porter.
If Ottawa can manage the salaries, they now have the best 1-2 quarterback duo in the league by far IMO. The Bombers are left without a legitimate starting QB… if they weren’t desperate before, they are now. Clever move by Desjardins - he holds the QB cards.

Does this mean that Ottawa was able to offer Burris more money then Hamilton could???

No, they offered him more than KA WOULD...

If Kevin Glenn ends up with the Bummers and Bellefuille, (speculating)
When Bellefuille was HC of the Cats in his last season with the Cats, Obie made Marcel go to a 2 QB system with
Glenn and Porter alternating starts.
Marcel was fired next season and Glenn traded for Henry
Glenn was not impressed with Marcel over this, to say the least!
I wonder if there is some bad blood?

Way over $400K could include a real hefty signing bonus.
Contracts in the CFL are not guaranteed.

At Hank's age getting as much as he can up front makes good sense!

It's going to be funny to see Bummer fans spin this one into, "actually QB C was who the Bummer brass REALLY wanted".... they have already gone with, "ohh shrewd move by Walters to feign interest in Collaros so they could get to Burris... Burris was the target all along"

:lol: :lol:

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 41s
My take: Burris and his agent were right about his value on the open market. And the #Ticats were right not to pay it.

I agree, if Hank went to FA and we would have to compete with the RB's for him, and Collaros had signed in the Peg, we would have been totally screwed!

http://content.forum.canucks.com/public/style_emoticons/default/2utgv3d.gif

So right you are!!!

Brilliant observation!

Presumably climbing a clock tower somewhere. If I were Glenn, I'd be supremely pissed, not necessarily about the signing of Burris, but by the fact Ottawa has declared Burris their de facto starting QB.

From Drew Edwards

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 2m
Now hearing the Burris deal with #RedBlacks more like $450K this year, plus incentives. And more next year

Hank to Sticky touchdown !!! no "pampers "to change with#88 he doesn't need one!!! Hank , Hage, Sticky and Chevy :rockin: :lol: :thup: :thdn: :wink: strangeeeeee!!!

Dave is in Montreal :roll:

You know, I like Hank and I wanted us to keep him, but $450,000 is WAY too much, especially if he got it up front. When you consider you can sign a receiver like Andy Fantuz for $200,000 who will make your QB look good.