Rumour- CGY Player shot and killed last night at club

I'm not comparing it to third wold countries. I'm comparing it to previous years, Calgary use to be one of the lowest crime cities in Canada. Break and entry, thefts are at an ALL TIME HIGH in Calgary.

I fairness to A51 I think he was saying that any city in Brazil which is true very dangerous. But since Trudeau has killed the energy sector Alberta's cities are becoming very dangerous. Gangs are now having to compete for their drug money etc and it is getting thin with the economy being so poor. Remember to there is a 92% increase in unemployment. Again desperate times brings out the worse in people. But what pisses me off is Myland was a peace keeper bought this punk a drin and hugged him and told him to calm down everything will work out. The punk waits outside and shoot him Myland was not in the altercation to begin with he was trying to calm things down. The police inspector for major crimes stated the police are getting sick and tired of arresting the same people over and over and the justice department does nothing to keep them in jail. Yes this punk as a large criminal record. The other problem now we have a liberal government and a spineless liberal leader criminals are laughing at the laws and know they are in for soft justice. And yes Calgary is getting real bad for crime but like A51 said a long way of from the crimes in Brazilian cities.

Your previous statement compared Calgary to cities across Canada. You have now changed your statement.

What change(s) have been made in criminal law since Trudeau took office?

Liberals are soft on crime and the present government will put pressure on judges to be easier on crime.

Sorry but that is an extreme simplification of a complex issue. For over twenty years the violent crime rate in Canada has been dropping. We're experiencing a slight bump up this year but one year does not constitute an upward trend.

[url=http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630-x/11-630-x2015001-eng.htm]http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630-x/1 ... 01-eng.htm[/url] [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07/21/canada-crime-rate_n_11110208.html]http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/07/21 ... 10208.html[/url]

WOW! I knew Trudeau could be influential - but so influential he could actually drop world wide oil prices - (i.e. the reason the oil industry is struggling). :roll:

I wonder if he will be able to influence who wins the Grey Cup?

Travel, never underestimate the power of a Hollywood type persona. :smiley:

Don't want to end a post in this thread with a smiley. Again, my condolences to Hicks' family and loved ones. A real shame.

When you turn down international offers of assistance and let a whole town burn down, your complicit. Its no secret Trudeau hated the tar sands project and is a global warming illuminate.

I heard he started the fire himself. And he wasn't even wearing a shirt at the time.

I find it hard to believe that there are so many Canadian conspiracy theorists on these boards. Too many people are drinking the Trump cool aid mind set. Maybe it's Clintons fault that world oil prices have tumbled!! Trudeau must be all powerful to control not only global outcomes but all domestic outcomes. Like Nero....."Let it burn" we don't need all that tax money any longer. Really?

Facts suck...

Russia, the U.S., Mexico, Australia, Taiwan, Israel and the Palestinian Authority have all offered help in fighting the northern Alberta wildfire, but Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says there’s no need for international assistance.

I know this is a bit much to ask, but maybe the mods (I know, they never seem to do much here) should separate all the non-related political crap from this thread and keep this thread on topic. This is supposed to be about a young man who lost his life due to a senseless act of violence.
My sincere condolences goes out to his family and team mates.

Ya and like I said since the liberals are in power crime rate will go up because they are light on sentencing. It affects how judges react to crime. One of my best friends is a judge!

You got that right and Albertans can not stand the little bitch!
But this is about Myland Hicks a kid with a bright future and a very generous young man. He was not even the target as he tried to calm the situation down and this punk decided to be a hero to his friends by using a gun. I truly hope he gets 25 years at least and when his parole hearing comes forth they turn it down. Anyone that is stupid enough to use a fire arm in public to settle a dispute is a danger to society and should be in jail indefinately

You got that right and Albertans can not stand the little bitch!
But this is about Myland Hicks a kid with a bright future and a very generous young man. He was not even the target as he tried to calm the situation down and this punk decided to be a hero to his friends by using a gun. I truly hope he gets 25 years at least and when his parole hearing comes forth they turn it down. Anyone that is stupid enough to use a fire arm in public to settle a dispute is a danger to society and should be in jail indefinately

You are correct my friend except one thing in an earlier post it is not TAR it is Oil Sands! And I would bet Quebec can kiss 10 billion in transfer payments next year. But again Myland truly was a nice youngman and impressed everyone he met.

While the mods are at it, perhaps it would also help to merge this one with the other thread. Duplicate RIP MYLAN HICKS.

We do not need 2 of the same thread.

Careful Dogdrool,

I brought up the transfer payments in an earlier post and all hell broke out.

Clearly: