Rumor entire offensive staff to be fired in sask

If he wants an oline, he needs to take a pay cut to pay for them, to be sure.

Cody isnt their biggest worry on offensive. Their recievers are slow :snail:. Their oline is bad.

I just don’t like the guy’s attitude. He’s rubbed me the wrong way since he started crying after the WF loss… he sailed a ball over a wide open Duke Williams’ head and couldn’t put points up even after his defense forces FIVE turnovers. Then he plays victim…

Fair enough

So you think someone is going to give him 450 plus so he doesn’t have to take a pay cut somewhere else?

I think the reality of him staying is the Coaches Salary Cap and the fact he is signed through next season. Everyone released has a contract that ends this season.

I’m thinking that if things go sideways next season they may make Jason Shivers interim HC…which in my books may not be a bad thing…

I was thinking something similar… operations cap hit buys them a year on a short leash, but the Riders will absorb it next season if things don’t improve.

Shivers getting a try was something I hadn’t thought of. Nice one

He seems to have DC locked down pretty well and handled a tough season pretty well.

No, I don’t see that happening, that might be reserved for top tier guys, and that’s even a stretch in this league, you need people around to protect you. Not enough money to go around.

They really need to stagger these coaches contracts so they end on different years. Having them end all on the same year is a bad idea. Or you’ll find coaches all ending up with 1 year contracts , just like the players. The cap is a bad idea.

At least they were only 2 year extensions, not 3 or 4.

Thinking if there is no improvement by game 3 there will be a change at the two mentioned names

1 Like

If they bring over the right coaches, who could take over if the team falters, yeah it could work. No one coming on should get more than a 1 year deal. Until they prove they deserve it. Coaches cap ?

1 Like

Agreed gotta get someone who can take over and also whom the head coach and GM do not fear the footsteps of

I think the GM and HC need a little fear.

I think they know they have 3 or 4 games next year or else

Why do the riders have an accountant making these football decisions, I can see the riders slipping back to the old days of being basement dwellers.

WHY you ask?
Public companies have harder time running two sets of books to be audited :grin:

You laugh, but ODay was trained by Taman. I seem to remember some pretty sketchy s**t going down on his watch.

always is on every team in the cfl some get caught some don’t. The first time the current guy was the Edmonton he got caught several times playing fast and fancy and he did the same stuff when he was in sask. Now he is back in Edmonton…any guesses he just figured out new and better ways to hide the financial shenanigans. Not to mention all the other stuff done to break the rules that are done by all teams.