Rules Queston

So the guys who sit around me and have been going to football games for years do not have an answer to this. I hope someone on here knows the true answer.

If a team goes down on the knee on a 3rd down on the final play of the game, does it cound as a turnover?

Once the clock has run out on that third down play to end the game with the knee, it's not a turnover on downs. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

That is what I am thinking. However, a third down knee at the half still counts as a turnover even though there is no time on the clock which has a few of us thinking it could be a turnover.

why trouble yourself with such things grasshopper

Is this actually true? I guess I have never thought about it before, but I sure don't remember ever seeing this in the stats column.

I don't think that would be considered a turnover on downs either.

Can it be a turnover when the other team never gets the ball?

Maybe ask on the public forum of the CPFOA?

http://cflofficials.ca/bbs/login.asp?target=default.asp

no it usually isn't. because if you look at game stats the next day, you notice there's a 0 there for turnovers?

Without knowing for sure, I'd imagine it doesn't count as a turnover if the other team doesn't gain possession due to the game being over.

and yet, an int with the clock at zero will still count as an int.

But in that case, the ball has actually turned over. It is in the Defences hands. In the case where its a knee at the end, the ball does not get into the other teams hands so it shouldn't be a turnover.

Here is what I think,

Since there is no time left, its no different that player running out of time and being tackled. I'll say NO Turnover. But, I've been known to be wrong before.

JoeDavTav

Without knowing for sure, I'd imagine it doesn't count as a turnover if the other team doesn't gain possession due to the game being over.
Agreed here as well, and all the same I've been known to wear a clever disguise too.