Rourke Returns: Lions pivot expected to start in regular season finale

I see what they did there. If you look closely you’ll see that the Lions used a ‘Foot Double’ to make Rourke LOOK like he’s fully recovered and ready to play.

3 Likes

hah. bc lions hired a foot model. i thought i saw some photoshop work there lol

also what is it with dudes and womens feet? i swear every summer when i wear flip flops or sandals, some rando or two comments on my feet or my toes etc. good grief.

1 Like

Verrrry Interesting ! Depending upon how Rourke performs in this final game against Winnipeg, the Bombers may not necessarily be hoisting the Cup this year! Perfect opponent to test out his foot and needed mobility. I would say the Lion fans have a lot to look forward to these next few weeks.

When I let my feet hit the open air the birds start dropping.

2 Likes

lmao! yikes. you should go watch an allouettes game at Percival stadium then. i hear the birds are nasty there.

3 Likes

I agree, and we could enjoy him for at least one more season that way. Roster continuity is key to CFL success but difficult to do when the NFL swoops in an poaches any CFL standouts. Sadly, Winnipeg’s Dalton Schoen will likely be gone this off season too, unless he is still under rookie contract.

1 Like

Our current plan is to keep Dalton Schoen on our team by getting his mom to write a really nice note about us. Our previous plan entailed physical restraints but was considered just a teensy bit illegal.

what do they drop??

2 Likes

His younger brother is killing it at Ohio u, #6 total yards passing & #24 Completion %.But Ohio u isn’t in a power conference so he likely won’t be NFL drafted. CFL teams should make strong plays for him

3 Likes

Their trousers. Birds are notorious flashers.

I see…the origin of giving the bird

1 Like

there is strong possibility Kurtis goes to a div 1 school next season

1 Like

He’s signed for another year & probably stays. Talent is only 1 part of the equation. NFL teams pay big money for high draft picks that don’t pan out & they get opportunities regardless of how Rourke plays. Ask Streveler after his NFL pre-season this year. If Rourke’s prepared to carry a clipboard for a few years, then maybe.

As to playing in the playoffs, facing enemy fire for maybe one quarter even if the foot holds up, I would agree that Adams may be the better option. IMO the Stamps with that 3 headed monster @ the run game may be the team that ends up in the final, although personally, I would like to see Rourke light it up & the Lions to win. Some consolation for the time lost to injury. Nothing against the Stamps. :sunglasses:

1 Like

interview with Rourke from yesterday

1 Like

Great news for the league....... BC, Calgary and Winnipeg all played incredibly exciting games against each other this season and playoffs should be no different. What an exciting time of year.
Go Blue

2 Likes

I concur, the doctors said up to 3 to 6 months for a full recovery. But its all about stats and keeping the fans happy and entertained. What if he gets re-injured, than what. The human mind tends to write cheques the body can’t cash at times. If I was Campbell, I would cut my loses and let Rouke fully recover. In a game where both teams have nothing to gain, if Rouke is re-injured, don’t say I or others plus doctors didn’t warn them. We will see. Good luck to Rouke anyway. He is going to need it. Winnipeg has beat him twice. 45-0 in 2021 in Winnipeg and in week 5 with a score of 43-22. He got picked off too if memory serves me correct. I see a repeat of what Winnipeg did to Edmonton a week prior to BC beating Winnipeg 40-32.

I'm not a BC fan, but I do wish Rourke all the best on his return. It brings more credibility to the eventual Grey Cup winner when all the teams can field their best players - plus it is good for the league and revenues too. Hope to see BC at the Grey Cup game - Oskee-wee-wee! (Guess who my team is?)

3 Likes

Mike Riley started the 45-0 blowout. Rourke was in for long enough to confuse the radio broadcasters as to whether it was #13 or #12 on the field. I Don’t recall if he threw a pick but the game was done by the time he entered the field of play.

Your team is Toronto right? :smiley:

He looked ok a great zip on the ball timing off a bit I believe he will be ready for Sunday

1 Like