Roughriders called a media conference! ET resigns (merged)

Dry humping is pure speculation.

He pulled her to him and touched her in a sexual manner - how is that speculation? It's certainly more than grabbing her belt loops.

Sexual manner could mean any number of things. Maybe he was just swaying side-to-side. We don't know.

What I'd heard is that he pulled her toward him in a sexual gesture. I'm not sure if it's accurate, but if that's true, then there was no sexual touching.

Crown prosecutor Bill Burge said the assault occurred when the 16-year-old babysitter was feeding one of Tillman's children, and Tillman pulled "the rear end of the complainant into himself" by hooking his fingers in her belt loops.

"While in that position, there was physical contact that was clearly of a sexual nature," Burge said. "This occurred without the consent of the complainant, and she told the accused 'no.' "

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/Riders+Eric+Tillman+profoundly+sorry+pleads+guilty+sexual+assault/2404880/story.html

That sounds like sexual touching to me.

From what I can tell, Vick's was far worse, killing dogs is bad news, it's killing. I read a letter in a newspaper online from a female in the media world who says that she was touched in a sexual manner quite a bit in different jobs, it's basically quite common in the business world. Granted, she wasn't 16 years old but come on, Tillman compared with Vick, I'll take what Tillman did any day.

Touching doesn't = dry humping. It could've been a one-second connection. My point is none of us know what really happened that night. I know this is speculation on my part, but from what I can gather, it sounds like the whole incident only lasted a few seconds, and I've yet to see any evidence that proves he wanted to go any further.

I'm not saying it's not serious... sure it is. He definitely should've known better. But I don't believe it's as bad as what Vick did, and to be perfectly honest, I never meant to use Vick as a comparison. I just wanted to use him as an example of someone who'd done something bad, paid for it, and is now trying to redeem himself. Tillman showed real remorse. The family accepted his apology. The court made it's decision. As far as I'm concerned, the issue is over. It's now time for Tillman to start over again, just like Vick, and eventually Arenas (if he ever decides to accept the fact that what he did was wrong.)

[Keyshawn]Come on man[/Keyshawn]

That's a ridiculous take on the situation. Swaying side to side would be described as physical contact in a dancing manner.

Arenas, that's another kettle of fish, I liked the Sam Mitchell interview on OTR yesterday, he basically said Arenas screwed up big time. Good on Sam to say this, I respect Sam.

I'm with Chief on the touching vs. dry-humping issue...show me where it said he was dry-humping someone, and perhaps I'll consider changing my perspective. Whose opinion is it that it was "clearly" touching of a sexual nature, anyway? I will submit that I know many women who consider a slap on the rear "clear" touching of a sexual nature, whereas I do not.

My wife laughs at this whole thing, she said she's been touched by men in a sexual nature but BIG friggin deal she says. Ok, the girl was 16 which makes it a bit more serious, but she says the word BIT is all that this is.

Tillman will be or should be back in a GM position in the CFL pronto, this whole thing is basically a joke.

I have tried to keep my own counsel through all of this discussion, but the previous comment "my wife laughs" etc. has truly sickened me. It isn't a "bit" more serious because this was a 16 year old girl that [u]was[u] the victim here, it was serious, no matter the brevity of the contact, it was contact of a "sexual" nature, and an experience that will stay with this young woman for the rest of her life.

I am deeply sorry for any woman, young or otherwise, or any young person for that matter, who has been victimized in this manner; this young woman and her family may not realize it now, but this exerience will change her.

To the "wife" above, and as well to some of the posters here, unless you have walked in the shoes of a child who has been victimized, or the parent of a child who has been victimized through the actions of an adult who should have known better, mind your manners, be more compassionate and thoughtful. How can anyone call this a joke?

How closed-minded of you to imply no one here has...

Victimized is someone who truly has been sexually assaulted.

Did anyone here call this situation a joke? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? ... I didn't think so. Now that we've gotten that nonsense out of the way, care to let us in on how you know this girl will be "changed?" I'm pretty sure that if the situation was as serious as you make it sound, the judge wouldn't have given Tillman an absolute discharge.

...and the girl and her family wouldn't have said a no-contact order was unnecessary, and the girl and her family wouldn't have wanted him to keep his job...

Either Earl did or Earl's wife did.

Chief, did you even read this thread?

What I'd heard is that he pulled her toward him in a sexual gesture. I'm not sure if it's accurate, but if that's true, then there was no sexual touching.
Crown prosecutor Bill Burge said the assault occurred when the 16-year-old babysitter was feeding one of Tillman's children, and Tillman pulled "the rear end of the complainant into himself" by hooking his fingers in her belt loops.

"While in that position, there was physical contact that was clearly of a sexual nature," Burge said. "This occurred without the consent of the complainant, and she told the accused 'no.' "

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/Riders+Eric+Tillman+profoundly+sorry+pleads+guilty+sexual+assault/2404880/story.html

That sounds like sexual touching to me.

So is undressing someone with your eyes - or for that matter rubbing your leg against another person sitting you when clearly it was for personal pleasure ...

We get it - you don't like Tillman and that's your right. But your really coming across as believing this to be in the same category as murder or rape. Tillman's paid dearly for his mistake - more so than anyone not newsworthy would have paid. He is gone from his job - his name has been tarnished forever. It is time to move past it

Earl… normally you’re a pretty sane voice around here, but what the fuck are you talking about???

Victimized means a lot more that sexually assaulted

Or by your rationale, I could beat you to within an inch of your life, in front of your wife and children, but as long as I didn’t sexually abuse you, you weren’t really victimized.

This is a joke with how it's been played out, he did not in the court's view sexually abuse this girl. Now someone please dispute this fact and I don't care how he pleaded.