Roughriders at Eskimos

Obviously the Eskimo's won't be able to hold a lead this year and this will plague them all year :smiley:

I believe the Esks will look better than I anticipated. Their D-line should be scary, and their O-line has gotten big…so geive them a few weeks to see if they click.
Who knows who will be the pivot, but it looks like even that Crompton has some potential, so they should be fine there.
They had a couple wide open drops that would have changed that game entirely.

I thought Sunseri looked good in the final quarter.

Darn, missed the game and forgot to PVR it. Was golfing with some buddies on my birthday. Sounds like all of the Rider QBs had decent games.

Willy just does not seem to get any support from the fan base point of view. He came to the Riders much more prepared for the CFL then the other new QBs brought in last season and does have a solid pedigree of playing at a high level of football with some former CFL QBs at the U of Buffalo who prepared him for the day that the CFL option would arise. After 3 seasons of pro football training in NFL Camps part time practice roster/Game roster towards the end of his rookie season 2009.
2010 played for Jim Fassel in the UFL and getting some PT impressed enough to be the Chargers number 3 for the whole 2011 season on the PR.
Willy made the move to sign with the CFL Riders in 2012 instead of fooling with the futures contracts and training camps and the continuing of bouncing that players on the Bubble go through.
Aside from Reilly i cannot think of any younger back up QB who played better in limited chances.
Keep an eye on Willy for the future.
Nothing may be colder than Regina for a football game in November but willy did start 4 seasons at QB at UB so he is a cold weather QB

That was a really soft hit too. That was a tap on the shoulder. Not trying to make fun of an injured player but Nicholls made Buck Pierce look like a man of steel on that play. I hope he doesn’t turn into another Jesse Lumsden. It’s a real shame when that happens.

Yeah, that one definitely raised concerns. He must have fallen awkwardly, but that’s the kind of play that he should avoid in preseason as a QB.

The Eskimos bench reaction after that last pick ...

... NEWMAN! ...