Rose Bowl

...gotta get me down to one eventually, looks like a ton of fun....

To me, despite the Rose Bowl hosting the national championship game every so often, it's the classiest bowl game of all, the grandaddy of all bowl games. But I know that the national championship game when there is one stamped as such, gets the most publicity in the press.

I got to go to the Rose Bowl a few years ago when USC played Michigan...and i'll tell you right now. The CFL has some of the greastest fans in the world but we have nothing on the people that were at this game. 92,253 people crowded into an suprisingly small stadium on uncomfortable seats and no one cared or complained. They're was people in their 80's with their kids and grandkids all body painted up each cheering on their Alum. One school band would kick in with their war song and the crowd would join in and then all of a sudden the oppossing team band would kick in and try and drown out the other one. We took a bus to pasadena from anaheim and the entire bus was Wolverine fans and i'm covered in USC so they razed me pretty good but it was light hearted and all in good fun....the drive back was the same even though their team lost we all meet at a local pub and celebrated the game...not the result. Basically it was the single greatest sporting event i've even been too (including grey cup, stanley cup, and world cup games i've been too) and all though it was my First Rose Bowl...i'll garuantee you it won't be my last.