RONA and CFL bring back their Pick The Winners pool

I just received an email from the league and Rona. They're bringing back their "Pick 'Em Challenge" for 2012. The Grand Prize is a trip for 2 to the Grey Cup in Toronto this November, and like last year, they're doing a random Early Bird draw for those who sign up by 6:45pm June 29th.

The Early Bird road trip for us Ti-Cat fans this year will be to the Thanksgiving Weekend game in Edmonton.

I joined a small pool of mostly Ticat fans last year (can't remember the team name off hand), and had a lot of fun with it. Didn't come anywhere near the top across the league, but came in second or third in the group. I have already reactivated my username from last year, so should be eligible for the early-bird draw.

So far this year, I have joined a team for CFL Forum users (see the similarly-named thread on the general CFL forum for details if you're interested). And if someone wants to create a Ticat-fan-only pool, I'll join that one too.

Thanks for the heads-up. I missed the email.
I'm back in. I hope to do better than last year, couldn't do much worse.
Team loyalty was my downfall last season. I fully intend to retain that loyalty, with the hope of better results this time around,

Wilf, my friend, I never do well on these things because I can’t ever bring myself to pick non-Ticats lol. Especially no blue team members. I might join just for the heck of it though. It will give me something to do at work

How about doing your job?? I would be ashamed if I ripped off the company and fooled around on the computer all day long. :wink:

Nice try 'Pope lol. I am so good at my job that I do it AND fool around on the computer at the same time. It's called multi-tasking (that word probably wasn't used in your day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Hamilton has the least amount of people signed up out of the 8 teams.

Come on Hamilton Fans, Sign up, its free and its fun !!

[url=http://contest.rona.ca/T/OFSYS/MS/470/0rM00J/1537/en-CA/FootballPool_Home.html]http://contest.rona.ca/T/OFSYS/MS/470/0 ... _Home.html[/url]

B.C. FANS:

EDMONTON FANS:

CALGARY FANS:

SASK FANS:

EDMONTON FANS:

HAMILTON FANS:

TORONTO FANS:

MONTREAL FANS:

I remember the name of that team Diggum (aka CFIO). It was VicksDogcatchers. It was run by me.
Now as I recall, it was a lot of fun, and the top three positions jockeyed all around each week until finally, the best man won.

Me. VicksDogcatchers.

Even more fun is Big Daves Virtual Grey Cup Challenge in the CFL main forums. Lots of participation and extremely well run.

While there is no chance of winning Grey Cup tickets, you will earn bragging rights if you win. And trust me, bragging rights are far more valued. Grey Cups tickets can be bought. Bragging rights can only be earned.

:lol:

Might just have to join VGCC this year too.

I'll keep my eye out for you on the leaderboard Diggum, right below mine as usual. Buahahahaha.

For those wondering why I named my CFL team VicksDogcatchers, an obvious NFL reference and in bad taste to boot? It's simple. I name all my fantasy teams the same, and I've won my league 3 times since I changed it from, "Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe" (a slightly less obvious NFL reference) and I'm highly superstitious. I have no plans to ever change it unless I lose (and I won't). Should that sad day ever come to pass I will then be called, "Favre From Finished".

Still in last place Ticats Fans, even the argos have more people signed up. BRUTAL !! :thdn:

[url=http://contest.rona.ca/T/OFSYS/MS/470/0rM00J/1537/en-CA/FootballPool_Home.html?utm_source=Hamilton-Tiger-Cats&utm_medium=Banner&utm_content=EN-728x90_support_ticats&utm_campaign=cfl-pool_team-website-banners]http://contest.rona.ca/T/OFSYS/MS/470/0 ... te-banners[/url]

I'm glad I saw this thread, my silly wife went and deleted that email. Luckily I was able to retrieve it and reactivate my account...

Gonna have to "borrow" someone's postal code since I live in Georgia, but I'm getting in this thing. I'll fly myself to Toronto somehow.

We'd be happy to have you John!!! Hope all is well with you!!! Go Dawgs!!!