Ron Lancaster has passed on

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=249878&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Our prayers and best wishes go to you family Ron, a sad day in the CFL

This is really a shame. He will be sorely missed throughout the CFL community. RIP Ron Lancaster. You will forever be known as a CFL legend but more importantly, an all around great guy. All the best to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Ron.

My thoughts and prayers are with Ron's family and friends. RIP Ron.

Wow. That news just hit me hard. I really thought he was going to beat it again. Our CFL community has lost a family member. My thoughts are prayers go out to Ron's family.

As a tribute to one of the greatest players of all time in the CFL, I just hope the boys go all-out from now on, not that they haven't been but just give that extra bit of oomph. A sad day.

Very sad news. This has been a tough year for CFL legends, and Ron was one of the greatest.

His family, the Tiger-Cats and the CFL are immeasurably poorer for this loss.

Too bad, we just lost one of the best!

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family!

A great, who will surely be missed!!!

such sad news, one of my favourite Ticats of all time, and someone i looked up to.

A great man and a CFL legend.

a truely sad day.

On behalf of myself, my wife and all of the volunteers of CFL Fans Fight Cancer across Canada. Our condolences are sent out to the Lancaster family. We know Ron's legacy will live forever and if we can help in any way please don't hesitate to ask.

To Ron, rest in peace, and thankyou for all you gave to our game.

If anyone knows where donations can be made in Ron's memory place pass it on to the Ticats and here on the board.

Sincerely,
Jarrett Harris
Co-Coordintator
CFL Fans Fight Cancer

Cheers to you Ron. A good life to the end.

Irreplaceable.

RIP, Coach.

r.i.p. ron. Thanks.

WOW, am I the only that feel this just happened so quick?

We hear him one day doing broadcasts, the next he is undergoing some tests, he announces he has cancer....then gone.

The Tiger Cat community has truly lost a great ambassador today.

Very sad indeed. My sympathies to the Lancaster family and the Ti-Cat family as well.

My deepest and most sincere condolences to his loved ones.

Very sad. I knew the odds were against him, but I really hoped he'd pull through.

I hope the Ticats and the CFL honour him in the way he deserves to be honoured after all he has done for us over the years.

R.I.P Ron.

This did happen very quickly and I can only hope it was the same for Ron, painless, RIP

r.i.p ron, thanks for everything u have done for hamilton....prayers to the family..he will be missed!!!

Thanks for the memories Mr. Lancaster. You will be missed.

A real sad loss for his family, the CFL and it's fans.

RIP.