Ron Joyce Stadium

Why would the city consider a smaller 5000 seat stadium when we have the perfect stadium for that at Mac. What a waste. If they think they are going to bring back the downtown stadium they are foolish. Tried that with Jackson Square and Copps. How did that work out for them?

I'm not sure the games at Jackson Square would be well attended due to parking.

Copps never did take off for the Cats.

Funny guy. My point was they thought Jackson Square would help out the downtown. Didn't work. Thought Copps would do it. How is that working out for them with 40 hockey games as opposed to 9 football games in the downtown. Nope. People watch the game and the heck out of there.
They have to fix the little problems and go from there. No stadium with a few games a year will help. They have to get to the root of the problem.

Idiot Eisenberger will no doubt push for the smaller stadium at WH, just because come hell or high water he wants a stadium of any kind there. But every city councillor who has been interviewed on that possibility has said on the radio, etc, that the smaller stadium is a "non-starter" because we already have one at Mac, and going with the smaller stadium at WH would probably also result in the city losing the Tiger Cats.

All the councillors and Tiger Cats have to do now is agree on an alternate stadium site in Hamilton, and we'll get the larger stadium that was originally promised. In my opinion, it will probably be the Longwood site.

blue tees wrote:

" All the councillors and Tiger Cats have to do now is agree on an alternate stadium site in Hamilton, and we'll get the larger stadium that was originally promised. In my opinion, it will probably be the Longwood site."

blue tees:
That's a big "all".
Do we know yet what Bob Young thinks about the Longwood site? Maybe he has already indicated something privately but I have not heard or read anything.
Then there is city council. They knew when they voted in favour of the WH it was the kiss of death for the Tiger-Cats ...but they voted that way anyway.
So who knows what will happen. It seems so simple but nothing about this stadium issue has been simple since it began.

IMO the only thing Fred cares about is making sure the future Fund and PanAm money is used to raise the value of the West Harbour area so that his Croatian boss can cash in and give Fred his cut.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duckā€¦

Bob has been very clear that the team would not negotiate with the city as long as the West Harbour would be championned by the mayor and council. As far as I can see that has not changed with the city pursuing a 5000 seat stadium to compete with Ron Joyce stadium :o

The city won't build a smaller stadium. It's a rumour that Hostco will suggest a smaller stadium. Council will not accept that suggestion.

It doesn't really matter what city council does, it looks like there will be no pleasing Hostco. They have pulled soccer from Burlington for not having the facility on a GO line and now rugby from Markham. So if the city picks any site in this city other than the West Harbour they will reject it because of a lack of a GO line. The West Harbour is the only place in the city that will have access to GO service by 2015.

It looks like they only used those cities and probably Hamilton to get the games and now will consolidate everything in Toronto. It was all a bunch of empty promises.

The moral to this : Don't give someone an excuse to save some money.

Look on the bright side now the city can use its entire future fund on making the Rheem factory real Niiiiice.

So this may be an idea from way out in left field but what's the feasibility of expanding Ron Joyce stadium to meet the needs of the Ticats?

good question, but isn't it to far from the 403? further than rheem?

7000 seats with all seats minimum $300.00 per game and for $500.00 you get all you can eats and drinks. :wink: