Rompin Ronnie Rides into the Sunset

When you cater to the boss or lobby to have somebody dismissed who cannot immediately be replaced, get ready for the increased workload. No choice? Oops, there was another choice. Tell the boss he's overlooking the truth. You're the problem. What would you do?

laughinghard, I want to know what proof you have
about Ron's lobbying to have Greg Marshall dismissed?

Guessing doesn't count.

If you have any answer for me at all

it will probably make as much sense
as one of Jean Chretien's answers.

"No, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof.

A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof,

it's because it's proven."  <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->  <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Optics aren't proff I'll admit but the optics don't look favourably on any other possibility

The bottom line is that regardless of how much you simplify the playbook, it is still the same playbook they have had the entire season and will have until the end of the season. So the offense isn't going to get any better this season.

Don't be surprised to see Jason Maas thrive in a different offense next year. One that is tailored to his skills. One that takes advantage of the atheticism and the space given to CFL players. Players like Corey Holmes (if he is here) and Brock Ralph whom have been woefully under-utilized this year in Paopao's offense.

And I sort of don't agree with your point about Ron being a genius when he led the team to two Grey Cup appearances. At the time, he was relatively new to the organization and still had a decent reputation with the players in the dressing room. But there does come a time when you need to realize the game has passed you by. Sometimes a coach loses the dressing room and the players just stop listening to him. And I get the impression after seeing last nights effort level and lack of heart, that this has happened.

On your theory Chuck Noll should be still coaching the Steelers since, I am sure he hasn't forgot to coach. But he did know when to walk away.

Sorry, bud. Consider sharpening your reading comprehension skills rather than speculate I made a claim which I did not.

If I am off the mark, provide proof.

I am sorry that you are in denial Ron. I hope that is vague enough for you, now pick up those old green and white pom poms and " give it up" for Rompin Ronnie. :rockin:

laughinghard...In...Your...Post...You...Showed...Respect
For Ron Lancaster...But...You...Ended Up...by saying...

When you cater to the boss or lobby to have somebody dismissed who cannot immediately be replaced, get ready for the increased workload. No choice? Oops, there was another choice. Tell the boss he's overlooking the truth. You're the problem. What would you do?
Then...You...Say...To...Me
Sorry, bud. Consider sharpening your reading comprehension skills rather than speculate I made a claim which I did not.

If I am off the mark, provide proof.

I...Am...A...Bit...Slow...laughinghard

What...Does...Your...Comment...In...Blue...Mean?

My calculations are 138 - 127 for a .521 %

If you write off the 2003 season (and I know it's and IF that some don't agree with) he'd be 137 - 110 .555%

With or without the 2003 it's a good coaching record especially when one considers the trials and tribulations of the Ti-Cat financial crisis pre Bob Young.

Regular season (pre-2006): 138-127-1 (3 OTL)
Playoff: 12-9 (2 Grey Cups)
Winning seasons: 11
Losing seasons: 4

That is a pretty good record, IMNHO. And that includes his first two seasons as head coach, where Saskatchewan won a total of 4 games and lost 28.

You missed the mark the first time. And you missed the mark the second try. Let it go before you strike out. ta ta!

I agree. Ron Lancaster is like the second world war plane, outdated and should be used for viewing purposes only. I can not believe for one second the organization could not have found a suitable replacement for Marshall.

Ron Lancaster has never been a sucessful coach and will never be a sucessful coach. The man is unable to motivate and provide the necessary leadership to take this team to the next level.

I am personally sick and tired of the same lame play calling and his need to keep the first string QB in to the last 2 minutes of a game were we are getting smoked. News flash
Ron, start Williams in the game Saturday in the third quarter if Jason continues his stupid mistakes.............

Ron Lancaster has never been a sucessful coach and will never be a sucessful coach. The man is unable to motivate and provide the necessary leadership to take this team to the next level.
No one could bring THIS team to the next level.

The first part of your above quote is pure B.S., unless you are under 8 years old or never watched CFL football prior to 2003.

Go look at his career record and then go to his house to look at his ring collection.

Ive got to keep saying to myself...Ron is just filling in, Ron is just fill in, Ron is just filling in. :roll:

There was no suitable replacement for a head coach that would either have to work with Pao Pao's failed offensive system, or start from scratch in mid season.

That's why they went with an interim.

Finding a suitable replacement is happening right now, and that process began with the hiring of Marcel Desjardins as GM.

This reply is for those that asked if Ronnie had lobbied for the job. My friends in the CFL say no. That Ronnie had no say in what happened to Marshall. That was the GM talking. He was the one who wanted to replace Marshall. Ronnie took the job thinking that the team would find a new HC before the season ended. Because Ronnie was kept out the the loop on the football side (he only helped bring in players, never had a say on who was kept, what coaches were hired or what defence or offence was being run), he had no idea how many problems this team really had. Ronnie took over the team because Bob Young and Rob Katz asked him to, he didn't have to. As an employee we have all taken on a job that the boss has asked us to do and that is exactly what Ronnie did. I hope that Bob Young realizes that Ronnie can still be a help with this team. Ronnie should be on the marketing side, doing appearances,promoting this team, working with the community. He really does not deserve to end his great CFL career, where he has given so much, with this season. Maybe the reason the Ticats haven't found a new HC is because no one else wants to blemish their coaching record with Greg Marshall's mistakes.