Rolling Stone: How a team from Baltimore rocked the CFL...

Exactly… The CFL used to cater to its fans … Now it just bends them over. The 50 percent drop in television viewership in the last two years hopefully puts them in their place. I hope every team in the league loses money this season. It’s funny how I used to have no ghmares about the league folding… I’d give anything to have those days back… My aunt asked if our family was going to come to Winnipeg and see her during Grey Cup like we did in 1991… I never even considered it. I only make 80k a year and could never afford such a ridiculous expense. This is why this years Grey Cup will have 20000 fewer fans than in 91… SCREW YOU CFL!!

Bungle, if you hate the CFL so much, just leave. Please just leave.

I loved the CFL my entire life.. This isn't even the CFL anymore.. It's corporate penalty filled Crap

I loved the CFL my entire life.. This isn't even the CFL anymore.. It's corporate penalty filled Crap

Mr. Bungle you actually make some fine and critical points even though I don’t agree with some of them, but c’mon man there is no need to activate the Armageddon protocol.

But the call for changes in the off-season has never been louder in the short time since 2009 that I have been following this great game.

Curious expansion question... I was still in junior high so I don't recall. Did the American expansion teams take part in the draft only canadian teams, seeing as the American teams didn't require to follow the ratio rules

Not today as this awesome game is everything the CFL was before and will continue to be, save and except the way too many flags the last two years.

The biggest thing is that back in '95 both endzones had no permanent seating, and they’ve since added permanent seating which impacts the room that would be used for the temp seats.

Look at the endzones in the 1995 Grey Cup game. The South endzone probably holds 12-15k fans.

http://www.regina.ca/opencms/export/sites/regina.ca/residents/heritage-history/.media/archive-gallery/taylor-field-corab92.jpg

And this is what the endzones look like permanently now:

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/ssk/images/general/2013/07/crop_19647792721.jpg

cant figure out why anyone would find it worth it to sit in the endzones, specially low down near field level. I wouldn't take those seats for free.

I’m with you on that one. However there is a reason they are generally the cheapest seats in every park.

Bs i says. We never expected american teams to win if theyre in the other division playing in the finals every year? Lol

BC beat Baltimore in Vancouver we did fine. Doesnt mean baltimore was not gonna be good the next season obviously they would have a chance to go back. Would they have dominated i dont know, youre putting a canadian division vs a guaranteed american team in the finals every single year. It has nothing to do with ratio its the fact that we arent gonna win every single game. Would most likely have gone back and forth for years. Lions beat them though i dont buy the ratio thing. As others said they had Matthews whose a genius at CFL.