Rogers hoping to extend Bills series

The big bully Mr. Rogers should stick to overpriced cable and phone services. NFL football has proven to be a bust in the big smoke. It has been suggested, the Blue Jay Season Ticket Holders receive free Bills tickets. It has also been suggested many of the other free tickets are given to large corporations just so it appears the seats are full. One thing for sure, it's hard to sell a team with a 0 and 7 record. I personally prefer the CFL game compared to the 4 down stuff. I like the idea of the NFL in the good old USA and the CFL in Canada.

I'm going to the Bills game Sunday! I'm bringing my sleeping bag and pillow! And by the way, the only reason I'm going, the tickets are free. A buddy through his company had no problem giving away tickets to it's employees no charge. These have a stupid face value of $275 a pop.Right!
These are the same guy's that told me that they went to one of the pre-season games by entering a code on Ticketmaster that they had found out through work that gave them the tickets for free!!!!!
Let's face it, I have good seats close to the field, and the Buffalo Jills will be the highlight!!
The bottom line, these crowds are totally papered and only a few poor saps paid full price for these tickets.
I have my tickets for football that really matters....Nov.14 at Ivor Wynne!

Boo Rogers.

How about some good ole patriotic CFL support first, and then pursue some NFL interests?

Capn: Exactly.
Then after that they can pay some attention to their cell phone subscribers who get lousy service and sky high rates.

tunceman, yes the Jills might be worth going to the game for I'll admit. :stuck_out_tongue: Hey, have a good time, I like the NFL but just don't need it in Canada, that's all.

Captain, the word 'Canada' is a swear word to Phil Lind I'm afraid.

[quote="tunceman"]I'm going to the Bills game Sunday! I'm bringing my sleeping bag and pillow! And by the way, the only reason I'm going, the tickets are free. A buddy through his company had no problem giving away tickets to it's employees no charge. These have a stupid face value of $275 a pop.

$275.00! I can't even imagine paying that.

Oh yea, try not to SNORE to load. :lol:

I have noticed the lack of "Hype" in the Toronto media for this game, at least as compared to the first few games. Tried to find out how ticket sales were going and still nothing worthwhile on the event. Did come across this interesting article in the Buffalo media though.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article238927.ece

Doesn't put a good spin on the Roger's experiment.

I love how 680 News reports on the "excitement" that the game generates. Obviously an exclusive report, because other outlets seem to be missing this story. Would you believe that 680 News is a Rogers station...

Were going to the Bills game too (free tickets),and we'll be wearing our Ticats stuff and Ill be chanting ARGOS S**K every once and a while. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some quick back pedalling.

[url=http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/886788--rogers-has-no-plans-to-expand-bills-series]http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/8 ... lls-series[/url]

Rogers vice-chairman Phil Lind denied an Associated Press report Friday that the company was committed to continuing the series when the deal expires in 2012. He also denied reports that Rogers was considering expanding the series and possibly moving half of the Bills home games to Toronto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98MNisZJyFI

What a dumb statement he makes about southern Ontario fans overwhelmingly favour the NFL. Too simplistic Phil. I'm a huge CFL fan but favour the NFL when I want to watch NFL football and favour the CFL when I want to watch CFL. People can be fans of both. But I know, I have to dumb it down more for you it seems. Oh boy. Have a good time Phil at the game today, the rest of Canada couldn't care less. I'll tell you one thing, I love the NFL a lot more than the Toronto Blue Jays, that's for sure. NFL kicks baseball's butt and of course the CFL does too.

Never mind Boo Rogers how about Boo people of the GTA and Southern Ontario for not getting off their arses and supporting the Argos?

If the Argos were drawing 40,000 plus per game you might have a point.

Fortunately as today's "Bills In Toronto" game will prove there is not sufficient interest in Southern Ontario for a NFL franchise.

Maybe if they brought better Teams in they would sell more tickets, the Bills havent even won a game this year, why would i WASTE $100min on that team!!

I’m not sure that would make a difference. This was the chance for Toronto’s all bark and no bite NFL crowd to show how much they wanted an NFL team by showing up in mass and packing the stadium regardless of who was playing. They didn’t do that. In comparison, what was the crowed like in London England ( a city with a lot less of a connection with the NFL than Toronto supposedly has ) last weekend for a game between a couple of mediocre at best teams; 80k or so. And I am willing to bet the promoters didn’t have to buy up all the unsold tickets to “distribute” amongst the masses either. Seems to me London cares a lot more than Toronto.

Just tooned in to see how many people..
looks like LInd has to find 20,000 people to fill the place. :lol:

question..Did Rogers buy up the rest of the tickets so it can be televised?

:lol:

ok..now back to the Dolphins/Ravens.

I remember when this Bills series was first announced, it created a huge buzz of worried CFL fans that the NFL was going to come to Canada and totally screw up the CFL. That threat doesn't seem to be as prominent, but I do believe that it's still there is some minimal form. I just don't want Mark Cohon and his gang to become complacent and let down their guard. They absolutely cannot let the NFL come to Canada in any permanent form. The CFL can't risk being diminished in any way. I'm actually happy that the Toronto - Bills series isn't working out the way they had hoped. When the series is finally over, good riddance to them. Let them find a different place in the U.S. if they don't like Buffalo anymore. At least in this case, I believe that Roger Goodell has way more common sense than a complete idiot like Gary Bettman! I can't even watch hockey anymore because of what Bettman has done to the NHL, but that's another story altogether...

I think the NFL moving to the Rogers Centre wouldn't harm the CFL in any way.
The Argos could move out to the burbs (Mississauga/Oakville/Milton) where the "real" fans are and maybe bigger crowds in a 25 to 30K seat stadium. Torontonians can have their NFL team. The NFL could pay some "terrotorial rights" to the CFL.

I just tuned into the game and I can't see too many empty seats in the Rogers Centre. Even if there were "give aways" they still filled the stadium. I know the Argos have done the "give away" thing in the past and still can't get more than 25K.

My Bears win it with a pick!!!

Bear down Chicago Bears!!!

Bye Bye loser Bills...

Have to say,I'm surprised how many people actually showed up to see two fairly bad football teams...

I suspect alot of it was papered...

mike, it's a total disaster for Rogers despite if the place was filled. People with freebies, going because it's the "mighty" NFL but will they pay the price if the area got an NFL team? Rogers was sure they would sell 40,000 5 years packages - not. The Argos have a good solid base that isn't based on freebie give aways and that despite if they couldn't fill the RC with freebies for the Argos. Who cares, Argos are entrenched, Bills thingy is one off here and there and people are going because of this one off type thingy and many didn't pay, disaster. This IS the NFL, that just doesn't happen in the NFL. Toronto is embarrasing the league but Ralph's family is laughing, Rogers is making them more millions to play with. What a joke.

Bottom line I very much doubt Rogers will be paying some $700-$800 mill for the Bills or NFL team when everyone knows the RC isn't an NFL type stadium. Then they have to figure out how much to charge and build a new stadium.

The Blue Jays are enough to sell the Rogers brand, without Ted around, Phil won't be able to lie to the business people now that run the company and know Rogers does not need the NFL. What Rogers should do is get a NHL team and build their own arena to compete with MLSE. Football in Canada at prices they want to charge, not going to work. And the NFL fans in the area have a loyalties to NFL teams now, I'm a Vikings fan and would have been tempted to go if the Vikes played and I got a freebie. Again what Phil Lind doesn't say is there are many of my types out there that will pay for the CFL here and for Grey Cups here but might go to an NFL game in Toronto for the right team and a cheapie, cheapie ticket. That's what the NFL is worth to me in Canada - cheap. But if I go to a game in the US, I'd pay, I want the US culture for football American style that Canada can't do with the NFL here, we didn't grow up with this in our culture like they do in the US, friday night lights...

Anyway, just got in from a walk, who won? :wink:

Phil Lind, guess what? I'll be the first one in line paying $500 a ticket or more for the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto and the last one in Toronto people were paying over $1000 from scalpers, Rider fans are the best. Ouch eh Philly! You can't even get people to pay for the NFL in Toronto what some CFL fans will pay for in Toronto! Ouch, again. If the Cats are in the 100th and I miss out on a ticket, I'll pay $2000 a ticket. Ouch again, eh Philly? :cowboy:

One last comment, I remember Phil Lind saying every NFL game in Toronto will be like a Grey Cup. Yeh, right Phil baby. What a joke.