Roger Goodell's future

Despite being cleared by the legal system, one of Jerry’s best players has been harassed for over a year and is now in danger of being suspended based on accusations. Yeah, Jerry is being a child.

But Jerry, the child he is, has more money and power than Dodger Roger. :wink:

Money matters and so does power.

Yes it does and I hope Jerry gets enough owners to get rid of this POS commissioner Goodell. This a..hole has decided that his "opinion" is above the law and he can suspend people based on hearsay and circumstantial evidence.
The accuser has texts stating that she wanted to destroy the defendant's life. The one person from the NFL that actually interviewed the accuser stated that she believed the story was crap. Yet Goodell still wants a suspension for Elliott.
Why? Because he's a bitch for the Giants?

Screw him and I hope he roasts for this, the latest in a series of regrettable decisions.

Can I assume you are a Cowboy fan?

Hadn’t been following the Elliott situation that close but yup, you have a point for sure Oskee. Will read this one.:

Roger Goodell vs. Jerry Jones is heavyweight battle for control of NFL

Yes I am a Cowboys fan and IMO this clown has been making questionable decisions against us for years. He has also tried to push an 18-game season despite the health issues associated with a NFL season. He is infatuated with shoving games down the throat of London and ignored the other domestic issues until there was so much criticism that he has tried to overcompensate against Elliott.
The Thursday night games are also a disaster from both competitive and health standpoints.

However, thank you for keeping an open mind and taking the time to read the link you posted.

The Thursday night games are dumb I agree Oskee. And I'm not saying that just because my Bills looked so bad this past Thursday. But it was a division game - and division games are huge. Such critical games should not be games that both teams had no time to really prepare for properly. From the Bills perspective - it showed.

And a number of players have complained about them as did some of the Bills this week because it doesn't give their bodies enough recovery time - never mind the lack of game planning and preparation for coaches.

Plus even the head of CBS thinks the drop the last couple of years in NFL ratings is partially due to over saturation of the NFL on TV - the added Thursday games being a significant part of that.

As for the London games - watching the Premier League games this morning and they showed Goodell touing the under construction new Tottenham Stadium in London where starting next season two NFL games a year will be played for the next ten years. Looks like it is going to be a really nice stadium.

Pat, I understand why they started the Thursday games, programming for their network. But they've terrible for the league. My suggestion is this--arrange bye weeks by division and then have two division rivals meet on Thursday the week after. I realize there wouldbe no Thursday games at the start and end of the season but better than the status quo.

LOL. Sounds like I’m not the one with a closed mind. I am sure there are 2 sides to the story.

Re : “Yes I am a Cowboys fan”

Funny how I knew that. :wink: My guess, the fans of 31 other teams feel the Cowboys have been treated fairly.

Kevin, I never accused you of having a closed mind. I was thanking Aerial for taking the time to read more into the issue. Actually a lot of fans of other teams don't like the suspension either. If the commissioner can suspend people based on his personal opinion, then it could be anybody else.

Oh jeez relax dawg, I'm just joking. Hey, I have no life (although I have to admit I do love myself a lot despite this and the fact I'm not very smart, was never a great athlete, never had many close friends and still don't, have a neurological disorder, undiagnosed still, where I do movements and sounds and walk in different directions for no reason and look like I'm 90 years old that has a form of dementia with facial grimaces, spasms, the ultimate spaz some days and I now have a walker which I use on occasion when going out so I don't have to hang onto to walls or someone so I won't fall down, sometimes can't even talk because of throat spasms and brain fog where I'm in close to a vegetative type state etc ), I like watching TV albeit I'm a homebody and want to use my cable subscription and probably spend more time alone with the wife at home then all the people going to bars to watch NFL games who definitely have much more of a social life than I do I'm sure.

My personal theme song is Beck's Loser - "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me"... 8) Believe me, no one would want to be my friend right now if they were smart or be seen with me in public when my movement disorders start acting up. It's trying on my wife. And knowing that most movement disorders especially those that start in later adulthood like mine are not curable and are progressive in nature.

As I say though, you gotta love yourself for who you are even if you're a loser in many ways like I am. :wink:

Dawg, I'm able to insult myself more than others a whole bunch, it's not difficult to do. And of course you knew that, right? :slight_smile:

I appreciate that Hank but I think it is time to take a long break from here for everybody's sake. I may be taking my frustrations out with my life and progressing neuropsychiatric conditions on others, at times, and that is not called for. I don't even wear my CFL stuff in public any longer as when I have the spasms and tremors and weakness I get and weird other movements, I don't want to embarrass the CFL and any of the teams especially the TiCats here in Hamilton which is most of what I have CFL apparel wise.

Cheers to all.

Aerial /Earl your posts are fine if anything it has improved from the first time I was here . Keep posting I read your posts all the time . Dawg was out of line with his remarks you did nothing wrong .

Fair enough. I apologize. Sorry. Peace. :slight_smile:

Again, appreciate that Hank.

Aerial, you are a good man. No need to beat yourself up so stop doing that and I’m sorry to see you having been personally attacked like that. You have made many positive and constructive contributions. Please continue. Your journey I’m sure is more difficult than mine and another’s may be more difficult than yours. It is all a matter of perspective. But when the adrenalin is flowing to the point that someone needs to resort to cursing and personally attacking another it is time that person took a break and returned when he is more under control.

Appreciate that beagle.

Hank if he is big enough to constantly insult everything he’s big enough to speak for himself…

And Earl your constantly doing it so no I won’t relax

Personally attacked? What about those he CONSTANTLY attacks?

That’s right Dawg, personally attacked. If you don’t think you personally attacked this member by name calling and using offensive language then maybe you should be posting elsewhere.
If you think he has crossed the line then report him instead of taking matters into your own hands and crossing the line yourself. Sounds pretty fair to me.