Rod Pederson's Long, Long Rant defending Corky

^^^^ This ^^^^

This is some seriously funny stuff here!

[url=http://www.rodpedersen.com/2016/08/scruffys-this-n-that_19.html]http://www.rodpedersen.com/2016/08/scru ... at_19.html[/url]
-- I don't know if the CFL wanted to pick a fight with the Rider Nation, but they have one on their hands now, and it isn't going away anytime soon. While some don't like what has happened with the team under Chris Jones, most are united in the fact that on the surface, CFL commissioner Jeffrey (just call me Jeff) Orridge is not a fan of the guys from the wheat province. I said last week in this column that I thought a witch-hunt was on when it came to the green-and-white after what Craig Reynolds did in the off-season, and there is nothing to me suggesting there isn't. By the sounds of what is being heard in the Rider locker room, they think there is as well.

Like it or not, the Saskatchewan Roughriders are the engine that drives the CFL. Attendance, merchandise, ratings, fan-base, etc. etc. etc.-----it is Riders all the way. Yes, every other franchise in this league has a competitor in their market, but with all apologies to the Saskatchewan Rush, that isn’t happening here and I don’t see it happening here for quite a while. Has anyone talked about the Rush since their championship season ended? We know the answer to that. Were people talking in the middle of the Rush season about a 3-15 Saskatchewan team and what the future held? Once again, we know the answer to that.

The CFL can sit there and write letters stating their disgust over thoughts about what is going on in this league, but the reality is a nerve has been touched in the league office. If they want to go to war, the Rider Nation is more than ready to foil up their knuckles and go to town. It’s that good old Saskatchewan spirit isn’t it?

I’m going to keep checking in with Pedersen. Whether he intends it to be or not, this stuff is hilarious. :lol:

Gee Rod what a great looking hat :lol: this guy could be the MC at Yuk Yuks :roll: Go Sliders Go !!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp8AZQEUkAA2SX0.jpg

The Rod, the team and the fans are in complete denial :lol:

You're VICE PRESIDENT, GENERAL MANAGER AND HEAD COACH IS A FAKIN ARZ HOLE !

Missed this earlier...

"No one realistically thought this would be a complete 180 by this team. "

Wasn't he the guy that predicted a division crown? Or am I getting my shills mixed up?

LOL !!! You are 100% correct sir , no mix up whatsoever. Yup good old Rod “Pom Pom” Pedersen did indeed predict a 1rst place finish for his beloved Riders this season. I guess though in Pom Pom’s defence it could technically still happen if the team goes on an 11 game win streak to finish out the season. :roll: :lol: Yup just click yer heels three times Rod and make a wish…dreams can come true…they can happen to you…NOT !!! :stuck_out_tongue: :rockin:

https://twitter.com/cfl/status/716400390678384640 [url=http://www.thesnap.ca/rod-pedersen-released-his-west-division-predictions-and-melted-twitter/]http://www.thesnap.ca/rod-pedersen-rele ... d-twitter/[/url]

Rod has always been a homer, but in the past couple of years he has really become a complete putz. I laughed out loud when he predicted that first place finish for Jones’ Riders.

On top of that he’s two-faced. he had Chamblin’s back right up until the end. Then the day after he was fired he comes out and blogs all this crap about Chamblin, about how he limited media access to the team and that he really wasn’t that nice of a guy after all blahblah. It was just cowardly crap to say, true or not (and it was probably true), but where was that at 0-3? 0-5, 0-7? Nothing. just lets it all out after he’s gone.

Rod’s hack-homer opinion means jack squat. Good on Drew for calling him out and beating him down. If Rod had an ounce of humility he’d be embarrassed. He’s made a total ass of himself.

Hey i love this team with all my heart, but ‘golden goose’? Who the hell does he think he is? There are NINE teams in this league and they are all as important as any other. And personally i don’t give a good goddamn how green and white anyone says they are, if they don’t believe in nine equal teams they’re not the Rider fan that they say they are. Man up, b**ches. yes, that’s a challenge.

:thup:

I wish Rod Pederson could come and write in the Peg…

He has a agenda, and is a lousy writer to boot. Would fit right in, here…

At least for one week he relieved Rod Black for worst Rod on earth!

A-Rod finished 3rd.

It’s good to read posts like prairiedog72’s from time to time, because you read this…

3 - HURTING THE CFL: Just putting this out there -- when the Saskatchewan Roughriders are hurting, so too is the entire Canadian Football League.

For instance, what if I said “Don’t bother going to the game in Edmonton this Friday because the Riders are going to get smashed anyway.”

10,000 Rider fans staying away from Commonwealth Stadium this week - at an average ticket price of $50 - would cost the Edmonton Eskimos $500,000.

(I’d never make that statement in the first place, particularly since the Esks have graciously provided my family four tickets for the game).

And how are ticket sales going for the 2016 Grey Cup in Toronto?

With an 0-9 start last season, Rider fans found other things to do with their money rather than going to the 2015 Grey Cup in Winnipeg. The CFL and the Blue Bombers definitely felt the pinch.

Maybe some of the breaks should start going the Riders’ way.

…and you know damn well that a certain segment takes it all at face value. I’ve seen the “no Riders, no league” a couple of times recently, essentially issued as a threat to the commission that he’d better be careful to not alienate Saskatchewan fans. Good gravy…

The Rod's suggesting that the league allows the cheating to go on and unpunished or else LMAO. They are a piece of work...

…c’mon HfxTC how the heck are they going to build a winner in short order…They don’t want to be embarrassed with an inferior product in their brand new digs…Looks like Corky tried a few end runs and got caught in the backfield for a loss…Now that everyone’s watching them like a hawk it’s going to be tough to get that first place finish in 3 years…never mind this year…Corky has ‘pooped’ his pants and I hope he sits next to Rod so he gets the full effect.

At this point Rod PeePee is just going thru the motions - ramping up his torrid jock-sniffing journalism; also working a full course of knife 'n forker non-arms length relationship to the team. Rod is trying to move up the ranks for 2016’s Top Joke of the Year - he’s still well behind perennial front-runner Rod Black. but he’s neck 'n neck and closing hard on Corky, Jim Popp and Hankenstein.

Hey Lyle, do you mind telling me what ‘El Defecare’ means ? I’ve asked several times. PM me if you have to.

Maybe TheRod is sniffing a General Manager opportunity ? :lol:

One of their dummy even suggested moving over to the NFL ! :smiley:

rod Pederson is a homer. Nothing new about that. I find him entertaining. He is like watching This Hour Has 22 minutes to get your news fix, but for the cfl.

However, I believe most Rider Fans knew this year could be ugly, it was last year. If there were expectations for this team like there was a few years ago, the province would be in an up roar. Other than a few wingnuts, most are just waiting to see how the team shapes up, especially for next year in the new stadium.

Very true.

You should expect your team to be basement dwellers when you gut the entire team.

I’ve only watched a bit of the melon heads games this year but they certainly have some talent there. That Colins Jr. and Roosevelt are future stars. That 0 and that other one they moved from tight end to d line I think will be decent players in the league.

From what I understand there hasnt been much for consistency there with injuries and whatnot.

I saw what Jones did with our team last year. I have no doubt he will turn them around. Probably not until next year tho.

What a piece of work this guy is…

Rod PedersenAugust 22, 2016 Right. The Dallas Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl in 20 years because of their nickname "America's Team".

Leave the marketing and branding to me.

That’s because Rider Fan knows he went all in on the Jones/Murphy ticket. There’s no turning back now.

The only thing more embarassing than paying Chamblin &Taman to sit on their couch this year would be the absolute humiliation of paying Chamblin & Taman AND Jones & Murphy to sit on their couches next year.