Rod Black

a couple of chuckles in an otherwise sad afternoon. At one time he said the refs were commiserating about a call. He meant they were discussing the play.
com·mis·er·ate? ?
–verb (used with object)

1. to feel or express sorrow or sympathy for; empathize with; pity.
    –verb (used without object)
  2. to sympathize (usually fol. by with ): They commiserated with him over the loss of his job.

Later he said that Glenn was "presurrized by the Argo defense

pressurized
past participle, past tense of pres·sur·ize (Verb)1. Produce or maintain raised pressure artificially in (a gas or its container): "the mixture was pressurized to 1,900 atmospheres".
2. Maintain a tolerable atmospheric pressure in (an aircraft cabin) at a high altitude. :lol: :lol:

Thats almost as funny as Sandro's missed 17yrd field goal. :expressionless:

I think Rod Black is the one that keeps saying you get a single point for a missed field goal.

Rod Black knows next to nothing about football. I cannot even listen to this guy. I think he should go back and cover figure skating, he seemed to know a little about that. As far as football is concerned Rod Black is a lost cause!

Every once in a while he borrows Mark Lee's old "handoff up the gut" phrase from the CFL on the CBC too!

Shpeaking of The She-eff-ell on She-Bee-Shee, where'sh Brian Williamsh? TSN featured him last season in a lot of special, pre-taped, reports during the CFL Panel and game telecasts last year, but rarely it seems this year.

One mistake all the TSN play by play and colour people seem to make at least once every game is referring to a player as a member of the opposing team. The couple games I saw this year with Gord Miller as play by play were horrible. I remember one that was a Toronto home game where he did it at least 4-5 times. The sad thing is he is one of the most experienced of all of them and has been with TSN since the 80's for goodness sake. Very Jr. league TV coverage. Makes the CFL look bad at times.

Black is terrible I can't stand his play by play. I'm not crazy about Forde either. TSN must have some others who can call the games.

Umm.. the term "up the gut" has been in football since the 1920's or even earlier. It's certainly not a CBC created term.

Announcers, coaches, fans and anyone involved in football have been using that term since almost back to the games creation.

Even one of the writers on CFL.ca commented on Black's Sunday performance (Points 5 & 7):

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/cauz-s-mmqb-semi-final-playoff-edition]http://www.cfl.ca/article/cauz-s-mmqb-s ... ff-edition[/url]

Agreed, just that Mark Lee used it over and over and over ad nauseam

Rob Black makes me want to rip my ears off so I don't have to hear his grating, useless voice.

I guess I could just mute the TV :wink: