Rock Bottom In Regina - - Gary Etcheverry Hired

How much influence will he really have anyway? He's a consultant, not GM.

Just a backhanded way for A-51 to slag Jones and the Riders again for the umpteenth time. He's a man on a mission.

What I want to call him would get me banned.

Yeah, what is up with that? Did Jones run over his dog or something?

Riders have 4 GC’s in 80 years… so pipe down sunshine !Nobody is hating, just having fun at a fan base that constantly brags and pats themselves on the back… CONSTANTLY ! So when the " mighty" Riders are losing , people are going to be all over it. If fans are going to boast and throw it people’s faces, they better be ready when their team struggles …it will be coming right back at you !

....And so the circus continues....Gary Etch-a-sketch will really show the rook d guys how to run the most complicated failing schemes imaginable...He was so far ahead of his time, when he washed up on the Bombers shores, that he confused even Mike O with his defensive genius...Mike finally woke up and gave Etch the pink slip....Corky must have realized the dalliances that Etch had for creative defences and promptly gave him a call...adding further to the head scratching (no it's not from the melon gear) that's going on in Regina....At this rate the rider faithful should expect a winner in about the same length of time the Bombers have been without a Cup....and all the while Jonesie keeps muttering ....patience..patience....Rider fans are going to need a lot of it. :lol:

Of course that is what Jones presented to the media and fan base .They have almost nothing in the way of Canadian talent and they shipped a lot of key vets out. Not sure how anybody saw this team as a contender ? This approach doesn’t guarentee future success . Next year’s results will be much more telling if Jones plan is working??

But the past 70 years isn’t at all relevant to what’s happened since 2000.

Only people who have nothing to use as a valid argument bring up the crap about 4 Grey Cups in 80 or 100 years.

Bombers? 0 Grey cups in 26 years.

Hamilton? 1 Grey Cup in 30 years.

Edmonton 1 Grey Cup in the Salary Cap Era

Riders may be struggling now but every team goes through it, even the Eskimos…

Stamps will have their day too. The success can’t last forever.

Rider fans are the best fans for a reason.

Hell Calgary is the best team by far and they can’t even sell out their stadium!

Eskimos only sell 56% of their seats and can’t even average 30,000 fans. Riders average a higher crowd.

And don’t bring up the far past because it’s not relevant today.

Nobody cares about yesterday, what have you done today!?

Because they got caught in the same mess you have with Jones. And please… don’t forget, you guys were the first to laugh and make stupid comments when we had to suffer the ridiculous moves of Kelly and Mack. But looking at what is happening you could be in for a long haul. Jones blew up that team for no other reason he wanted to show he was God and could create a team to his liking by waving his hand. It sure is starting to look like the brain in Edmonton was Hervey and that Jones was the boy holding up his train…

The glee is because some (not all) Rider fans are just insufferable homer trolls who would support a Klan member if he wore green and white. So it's quite understandable that fans of other teams are cackling a bit at their misfortune this year, particularly since the guy in charge (Jones) came over in a Yankees-type move (SSK threw huge coin at him to leave EDM).

You want to be smug, arrogant mofos when you're on top? Be prepared for nobody's sympathy when you're at the bottom.

And yes, before any Rider fan chimes in here, I'm aware that my Als are pretty stiff competition for worst team / deepest org dysfunction award. Have been for four years now. You don't need to tell me. :lol:

Agreed. It’s just lost on the average Rider fan why people are enjoying the pounding they are taking this season. Seems like they can’t handle the heat when their team isn’t doing so well ?

Fans never take the piling on well when their team is down.
I’m not a fan of Sask particularly but I don’t enjoy it when any org is buckling.

That said I think the RR are being targeted:

Mitchell was signed by Montreal last year …without comment. He played the year before in BC. Before that TO. Before that BC… All the while he was a tweet idiot. Never got banned. Now he should be retrospectively?
The taxi squad issue: I’m not at all sure if this doesn’t happen league wide in various guises.
Standing on midfield insignia: Many teams disciplined for this …not reported.
Etcheverry as a consultant…PFFFT. 20 year CFL vet. Can help with defensive workload as designated by Jones.

I don’t like Jones and I think that dislike is part of the pile-on.

I think the org at least has a plan. A very concrete plan as opposed to the other tanker as mentioned.

Lol, how many Greg Cups have the SRR won?

Says the guy who said:

“Don’t know why a Bomber fan is in on this, they’ve done very little in 26 years!”

#Hypocrite

3 pages for the hiring of a consultant? You guys must be bored or something. Much ado about nothing here. Half the comments are from A-51 and Lyle who are both blocked, and I'd recommend everyone do the same as the forum is much more positive.

Ever notice how the fans of every team whine about how the “haters” have a habit of not dancing around the fact that their favorite team sucks and is not going in the right direction?

:roll:

Just to rile people up a bit more, Grey Cups since 2006 (last 10 years)

Calgary - 2
Saskatchewan - 2
BC - 2
Montreal - 2
Edmonton - 1
Toronto - 1

That's a lot of parity in the league.

If Jones needs someone to "help" with his atrocious defence why not just have Corey Chamblin return to Regina?

The Riders are paying Chamblin to sit at home on his couch anyway, so he might as well be fetching coffee for Jones.

Chamblin's not much of a coach, but he's one hell of a lot better than Gary Etcheverry.

Regina bringing in Gary Etcheverry as a defensive “consultant” is the equivalent of Toronto bringing in Bart Andrus as an offensive “consultant”.

Sorry Rider fans but I just couldn't resist........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really?

The Riders Canadian “talent” is horrifically bad and the majority of their “recruiting” has just been off the scrap heap.

Sure doesn’t seem like much of a “plan” in Regina.