robert's traded?

rumor has it that charlie roberts has been traded is this true?

No documented proof yet, but it has been said that it was for Joe Smith of BC.

Yes.

Walks plank.*

Just heard it as well on CJOB

good now we have a power back to run the ball while are recivers can run the fenise passing game great move one of the few things are gm has done right

You are forgetting that Smith didn't exactly burn it up this year in BC. He seems to be(through rumers only) a sort of wierd duck, but hopefully for the Bomber he will fit into their plans. After the "banjo" bowl.

and roberts was such a straight laced guy ill take joe over roberts any day

global news jsut announced roberts for joe smith. roberts is now a lions back up, and joe smith is our rb.

poor poor move. the only rb having a worse year then roberts is smith.

Sorry to see you go. should have at least waited till he hit the 10,000 yard plateau.

Completely pointless move. This should have been the point where Bauer steps in and fires Taman and Berry. Roberts stayed in Regina instead of coming back with the team so my guess is he told Berry to go
f%ck himself after Berry once again decided to blame Blink to save his own job. I wonder what excuse they will make next week when Smith gets 42 yards against Sask

Reports are thst Winnipeg is also eating part of Roberts salary. Didn't know they had so much room on their salary cap allowance.

Wow! Problem is under Centre and Kicking (field position)....

Typical Taman move, rip off the band aid from the wrong wound. How many people, and how many times does he have to hear that Glenn and Berry are the "true problems" with our Blue Bombers. Hey we can't score any points so let's give away the best offensive weapon we've had for the past 8 years for an at best, (at least this season) 2nd string rb, hmmm, wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of the head of the snake, mr. " I was sat for 3 games but still lead the league in interceptions" It's a joke, and past the point of being funny.
The only good thing that comes out of this is that Charles doesn't have to endure the remainder of this excruciating season. That Grey Cup ring will look good on you Charlie, next to Milt you deserve it most.

...Charlie can be a bit of a head case....then again ...Joe Smith is a 'bit odd' When it comes down to it, i believe, Smith fits Berrys type of offence (maybe thats been ONE of the problems all along)we'll see...I think there's gonna be more player movement shortly .. just a hunch :roll:

Completely pointless move. This should have been the point where Bauer steps in and fires Taman and Berry. Roberts stayed in Regina instead of coming back with the team so my guess is he told Berry to go f%ck himself after Berry once again decided to blame Blink to save his own job. I wonder what excuse they will make next week when Smith gets 42 yards against Sask
I agree with you. Every time berry is in trouble of losing his job he blames our running game. I wonder if tamen ever gave a crap about thinking that the problem may be the blocking. After watching the labour day classic there must have been over 100 missed blocks on the bombers side. :x

That would be my take on it as well. I think Berry has been on Taman to make a move like this for some time now.

Well, look at what we have here. . . hammerbut^. Collusion only gets one so far, but how the mighty have fallen on hard pressed times eh.

If you want to talk some real football about this trade, I invite you to go elsewhere.

http://www1.cfl.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28899

I would guess this will be a good move for the Bombers. I liked Roberts but papazoola is right.....Berry likes power backs and has coached as if he had one in Roberts. This could significantly improve the Bombers offense. Just in time for the Banjo Bowl. Great.

The problem is more to do with each player understanding their role on the team, Matt Sheridan, now Charles Roberts have been pushed over (For lack of a better term.) That's not to mention our qb situation getting any better, or how receivers are getting open.

I guess alot of BB fans are still blind!! YES Berry has to go, YES Glenn has to go and will be next to ship out (watch). But the fact remains that Roberts IS NOT the same back as he used to be and was doomed from game #7, we all knew it was coming, better now than later as Smith will provide us with a solid Power Running Game, which our playbook is actually designed for ... I say GREAT move by Taman on this one as Roberts wasn't giving 100% anyway's and Joe wants to be the best back ONCE again.

One gone and 3 or 4 to go, next Glenn, Cartwright then Berry at seasons end.

This is more of a wake up call by Taman (Great Call) to the rest of the team:

IF YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM AND ARE NOT GIVING 100%, YOU WILL BE GONE, REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU ARE. NO BOMBER PLAYER IS SAFE NOW, AND THAT SHOULD BE A WAKE UP CALL.

Oh yeah rumour was Roberts asked for a trade, i believe he did early in the year when he was running into defenders like a blind man, now he got his wish, who's next? Glenn? Will Taman trade Stegall to a winner? Barrin Simpsons future is in doubt at the end of this year as well with the BIG "L" playing like he is at MLB, i can say BLOCKBUSTER is STILL COMING. Glenn, Stegall, Simpson and about 6 or 7 other player's are on the verge of shipping out.

Just my thoughts, we will see if i am correct.

....JUST A HUNCH ...but i think Hufnagel in cowtown might be in the mood to do some 'horse-trading' ....question is who////for who///// :roll: