Roberts Fumble?

I know this might seem petty now, but in the last 3 min. ,isn't there supposed to be an automatic video review of a potential fumble. there was over 2 min. remaining and the ball was in peg's end and from what I saw was a very close play.I've seen overturns on less evidence. Anyways I still believe strongly in this team, we are much improved over previous years and now just finding ways to lose from mistakes.
Go Cats Go !!!

i think it was a fumble and was pissed when they didnt even look at it.

I thought the replay showed his knee/leg on the ground before the ball came out.

No fumble.

You can view it here: http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip83525

Just fast forward it to eh 29:03 mark.

It also looks as if the whistle blew even before all of that to signal the play dead as forward progress was stopped.

I'm not questioning whether it was a fumble or not, just wondering why no video review from upstairs???

it was close, so i dont know if they would of overturned it but i think it was defiantly close enough to take a look at.

I'm not questioning whether it was a fumble or not, just wondering why no video review from upstairs???
Because, in my opinion, the league and refs are so used to the Cats losing they just expect it and figured the game was over. Should it have been reviewed, of course. Should Charlie and thrown a flag to at least stop the game and ask them to review, ofcourse, but he was sleeping again.

he wassnt sleeping when he chalanged the 3rd down gamble in the first half... oh wait yes he was because anyone could of realized we didnt even make it back to the line.

Why would Charlie throw the flag? So we could get a delay of game penalty. Then everyone would have been all over him for a stupid move.
Reality is it was close enough to review. Roberts looked to be down but in that circumstance you must review the play. CFL dropped the ball on that one.

you dont get a delay of game call for that and charlie knows that. Coaches do that all the time just to talk to the ref.

Why would Charlie throw the flag? So we could get a delay of game penalty. Then everyone would have been all over him for a stupid move.
I see Makaveli already anwsered this, so let's just ask when was the last time you saw a delay of game penalty in the CFL?

what i dont get is taaffe will throw the flag on some of the stupidest plays but when the game is on the line and we need the call he dossnt do a thing.

They couldn't review it because Jake blew the whistle before the fumble, which ends the play.
If he ruled Roberts' forward progress stopped that also makes it not reviewable.
So it's possible that they actually did buzz down, but Jake would have over-ruled the review. Although he probably would have announced it if he had.

the play i didnt get was...in the first quarter (or maybe it was the second?) when the snap went over glenn's head and he ran to the ball and just tossed it away and i didnt see a single bomber near where he threw it but the refs said there was.

They didn't show a good replay on the broadcast so I just re-watched it on tsn.ca now.
The ball went over one bomber receiver's head at the 40, and fell a few yards short of another at the 25. So they considered both of them to be "in the area" of the pass.

Glenn just threw it away. It was merely a coincidence that there were players in the vicinity. Sometimes you have to see the obvious.

oh, i know he did.
but he was lucky and had guys in the area, and that's enough to nullify the penalty.

It was a FUMBLE FUMBLE TIGER-CATS FOOTBALL